Interior Space

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

Will have to wait for some Bolt EV test drives and reviews before we know for sure, but it looks to me like the Leaf has more interior space than the Bolt.

Mind you, if they put a 200 mile battery in the LEAF maybe the space would be about comparable? Glad to see this isn't some huge monstrous CUV!

There are a few test drive articles and videos in Chevrolet Bolt Forum. You can check them out.

NeilBlanchard said:
I think the Leaf has a larger hatch volume, but I think the passenger space of the Bolt EV is larger.

Did you read that information in an article? Can you share that in Bolt EV forum?

Leaf cargo volume with seat up: 23.6 cu ft Seat down: 30.0 cu ft Passenger volume: 92.4 cu ft Total interior volume: 116 cu ft

Bolt EV cargo volume behind seat 16.9 cu ft Seat down 56.6 cu ft Passenger volume: 94.4 cu ft Total interior volume - I couldn't find a number.

NeilBlanchard said:
Leaf cargo volume with seat up: 23.6 cu ft Seat down: 30.0 cu ft Passenger volume: 92.4 cu ft Total interior volume: 116 cu ft

Bolt EV cargo volume behind seat 16.9 cu ft Seat down 56.6 cu ft Passenger volume: 94.4 cu ft Total interior volume - I couldn't find a number.

Wouldn't the total interior volume of the Bolt be 111.3 cu ft?

It would seem intuitive to me that the total is passenger volume + cargo volume (with seat up, so as not to double-count).

Leaf: 92.4 + 23.6 = 116.0
Bolt: 94.4 + 16.9 = 111.3

It's healthy to hold a little doubt about the cargo volume numbers. The "standard" for measuring a hatchback and wagon are different. A wagon's volume goes all the way to the roof, while a hatchback only goes to the height of the back seat, not the rear window or roof.

In this case, I think the Bolt EV was measured as a wagon, whereas the LEAF was measured as a hatchback, but I don't really know.

Here are a lot of numbers I've collected, if you want to compare BEVs.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/media/20160507-bev-comparison.114929/full

Back