New Bolt owner, with some questions.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SeanNelson said:
This seems extremely unlikely to me. Do you have a source for your claim?

In my experience, cars that have ultrasonic sensors in the bumpers for warning about obstacles while parking don't have separate radar sensors for blind spot monitoring. The ultrasonic sensors are cheaper and you need more of them for detecting parking obstacles, and manufacturers hate adding extra cost components if they don't need to.

I think you may be right. I looked back and the passage I was remembering in the owner's manual was in the Chrysler Pacifica PHEV that we had preordered previously. We ended up bailing on that and going with the Bolt after numerous delays.

mikegrb said:
SeanNelson said:
...the Chrysler Pacifica PHEV that we had preordered previously. We ended up bailing on that and going with the Bolt after numerous delays.
I've been keeping my eye on the Pacifica Hybrid. I have a 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager - I bought it brand new as a camperized van (much like a VW Westfalia). It still drives like new - but it IS almost 25 years old and if I can find someone who can camperize a Pacifica I might be inclined to go for it.

Back