Planning a trip to Seattle

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevewa

I'm going to a certain concert by some aging Irishmen in a couple weeks, and since it will be Mothers' Day I need to go to brunch with Mom in Portland in the morning. This eliminates my plan to take the train up and back. Now I have to drive, so I'll be taking the Bolt...I am hoping maybe some Seattle area folks can help me out with some ideas on where to charge in the area. It looks like there are CCS chargers at Tacoma Mall, and the BMW dealer, but not many others up in the immediate area (according to plugshare).

In theory there are Blink Level 2's at the stadium parking lot, but recent comments on plugshare suggest they are blocked off by construction.

Any ideas welcome, thanks in advance!

I don't have an EV (yet) but on my last trip down the coast from Vancouver Canada last fall I scouted out the fast chargers along the way. Tacoma Mall does seem like a promising site - it's the only one I found in the area that has two DC fast chargers, which substantially reduces the chance of not being able to charge due to occupancy or equipment problems. And since they're at the mall you can go and window shop or have something to eat while you wait (assuming you arrive there during business hours).

They're eVGo chargers, which according to a lot of posts I've seen are expensive, and most people report that they stop charging after 30 minutes which means you may have to visit them in the middle of your charge to re-start the charging session. But if you can live with those annoyances I think they'd be a good bet.

And yeah, the ratings and comments on PlugShare are a great way to get an idea on which chargers are good bets and which ones are to be avoided.

Back