Power available at terminals of 12V battery

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devbolt said:
There's a reason for the, not answering the question you asked: they don't want you using the car in an unintended manner, one which could break the warranty. If they endorsed such a use of the car in this forum, it opens them up to all sorts of liability and responsibility for misuse of the car.

True true.. However, it is perfectly reasonable to want to alligator-clip an off the shelf high power inverter onto any vehicles 12v battery system. Should not void any warranties or cause any problems if done properly, and therein lies the rub. Those inclined to do this sort of thing just want to practice our due diligence and know the most basic specs of the DC-DC converter Wattage. I read 1600 (115Amps) which seems reasonable. My honda Insight was one of the first hybrids to employ a DC-DC rather than a traditional alternator, it is rated at 80A as I recall. I needed to know this sort of data to properly size an aftermarket audio system, totally normal.

Even without an official answer, or in spite of one perhaps. What I really want to do it tap the HV or CCS port (does CCS support V2G I wonder) so to drive a really high power inverter. To easily power a house or drive a portable CHAdeMO or CCS charger!

Back