Solution for the Narrow Front Seat

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsocb

I believe I have found a solution for the narrow front seat. I have not yet driven for any time/distance with this cushion, but it feels very comfortable sitting in the garage. Hopefully this will allow me to fully enjoy the Bolt driving experience until either I lose some inches or GM comes up with a better seat design.

Many of these cushions are available through the usual on-line outlets. I went for a high-end one with multiple layers and types of memory foam and a strap to keep it in place. Cost was $59.95

BoltSeat.jpg

You might want to post the brand and where you bought the cushion if you think the cushion is working well for you.

One can only hope GM is taking a long look at the pic above and listening to the Bolt electronauts.

I drove the car for about 70 miles yesterday with the cushion in place. It helps, but because it raises the back up an inch or so even when compressed, the seat belt latch now digs into my hip/thigh. I can slide over to the left a bit and it is OK so I am good for now. I will report back after I lose some inches.

Added seat covers mostly to keep them clean.
But these had 1/4" of padding and the smooth finish faux leather makes it easier to slide in and out of my cloth seats. Made the marginal seats a tiny bit better.
$26 for one. I thought they fit pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 6,607
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 6,607
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 6,607
Back