Trouble exiting to Chevrolet Mode

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedMichon

Got my Bolt EV on Friday and am simply in love with it. It has its deficiencies and a few things that don't work perfectly, but I have no a trace of buyer's remorse. One problem I have is exiting Adroid Auto back to Chevrolet Mode reliably. The process should require pressing the last icon on the right in the line of Android Auto options which should bring up a large rectangle box that when pressed once should take things back to Chevrolet Mode. When I do this at home, it can take a minute of repeatedly pressing the rectangle before things respond. When my dealer does it at his location, it works first time, every time for him and for me. What's going on!!??

I have not seen this issue, but I find it is easier to click on the Energy tab then Home rather than using the return to Chevrolet mode so I have not used it often.

I just click the dedicated home button. Brings me back to the Chevy screen every time.

infot.jpg

dandrewk said:
I just click the dedicated home button. Brings me back to the Chevy screen every time.
Yes, that's the optimal way. I do have to say though, something about switching from AA to LG's Bolt display takes forever sometimes. :mad:

Pressing and holding the Home button launches Android Auto &/or CarPlay. Not intuitively obvious but it works well.

TedMichon said:
Got my Bolt EV on Friday and am simply in love with it. It has its deficiencies and a few things that don't work perfectly, but I have no a trace of buyer's remorse. One problem I have is exiting Adroid Auto back to Chevrolet Mode reliably. The process should require pressing the last icon on the right in the line of Android Auto options which should bring up a large rectangle box that when pressed once should take things back to Chevrolet Mode. When I do this at home, it can take a minute of repeatedly pressing the rectangle before things respond. When my dealer does it at his location, it works first time, every time for him and for me. What's going on!!??

Yes, that's a bug, I had that a lot when I first got my Bolt. Since I learned that the physical Home button worked reliably, I just use that now. I'd have thought they would have fixed the soft button by now, but I guess not.

BoltEV17 said:
Pressing and holding the Home button launches Android Auto &/or CarPlay. Not intuitively obvious but it works well.
Oooo! Have to try that today. Pretty much the only two menus I use are those.

Back