Use the Rolling Start test (5-60mph) to compare Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomit

I wrote up my thoughts on the rolling start test that Car&Driver routinely performs and InsideEVs agreed to post it: http://insideevs.com/the-rolling-start-a-better-ev-performance-metric/.

The Bolt EV section states:

"The Chevrolet Bolt EV, a car GM claims to be faster than 7 seconds to 60 mph, may have similar acceleration performance to the i3; but with greater than double the range at a lower price, it will be uniquely positioned in the market. It will compete directly with traditional cars.

Assuming the Bolt EV’s rolling start time is around 6.7 seconds, it will be marginally slower than performance-oriented hatchbacks, such as the VW GTI or Ford Focus ST. On the other hand, it could easily be more responsive in real-world driving conditions than many entry-level luxury cars, such as the Audi A3 1.8T, BMW 320i, BMW X3 xDrive28i, M-B C300, M-B CLA250 or M-B GLA250."

There is a lot of hype around the Chevy Bolt. It seems Chevy has put out a quality vehicle

Aidan said:
There is a lot of hype around the Chevy Bolt. It seems Chevy has put out a quality vehicle

Yeah. The hype is a lot which also means that they have a huge expectation to live up to.

Rivu said:
Aidan said:

Yeah. The hype is a lot which also means that they have a huge expectation to live up to.
It's the very first vehicle of its kind (longer range electric at a less exorbitant price point), so there's bound to be a lot of expectations. But IMHO they'd have to mess up pretty badly for it to be a failure, because the range and price are pretty compelling for buyers looking for that combination.

Back