What is the eyebolt for, and how do I use it?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolter

I just picked up my 2017 Bolt EV Premier last week. There is an eyebolt in a fitted cavity in the foam block under the cargo area floor where the compressor and sealant would be stored, if I had them.

I could find nothing about it in the owner's manual. When I googled, I didn't find the answer, but did find the information that Teslas come with a similar item, a towing eye, which screws into a threaded hole in the front bumper cover that has a removable plastic cover. I could find no evidence of such on either end of my car.

There's a little removable square of plastic in the front and rear bumper that you can pry out to reveal a threaded hole into which the eye bolt will fit. You can then use it as an anchor point in case you need to tow or winch the Bolt out of a sticky situation.

I have examined both ends of the care carefully, and I can't see anything that looks like a cover for an attachment hole.

Can someone post a photo, please?

bolter said:
I have examined both ends of the care carefully, and I can't see anything that looks like a cover for an attachment hole.
On the rear of the car it's below the set of lights on the right side of the bumper. Between the painted and black part of the bumper there's a chrome strip - the tow hook access cover is immediately below the right end of that strip.

Back