360 Surround Camera Possible Problem

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve2150

On my new 2 week old Premier I noticed that when the 360 surround camera is on the right front camera in the mirror shows a black line extending forward, is this normal. I am thinking maybe the lens is not fully clearing the black mirror body and reflecting that. Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 7,126
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. If you're referring to the gray square that surrounds the car and creates little triangular "dead" zones at each corner, then that's normal because the cameras can't see "around" those corners. If you're talking about the dark, thick mottled line that extends forward and outward at an angle of around 30 degrees from the passenger mirror - it looks like it could be on the pavement. If it isn't, then I'd get a good look at the camera lens underneath the passenger mirror to see if it might have some dirt or a scratch on it.

I see it. It also looks to me like the right mirror may not be fully unfolded. Did you check that?

Yes checked to make sure mirror fully unfolded and also cleaned lens again, still same. When I bring it in will also mention charge door hard to open, press and sometimes hardly opens when it does now just opens barely

Oh, okay - so that horizontal line on the left side of the car is supposed to continue at the same angle on the right side rather than sloping down? Yeah, that's an issue where the camera isn't aligned properly. I think if the mirror was folded a bit it would actually go the other way, so it looks like there needs to be some physical adjustment of the camera module inside the mirror, or some sort of software recalibration, or at worst case a new mirror assembly.

The Around View system on the Leaf lets you select individual camera views. Can you select just the right side on the Bolt's system?

I think it needs a new mirror assembly, when I fold the driver mirror assembly forward it moves smoothly and quietly and snaps into place forward, when I move the passenger mirror assembly forward it does not move smoothly and sounds like a clock spring winding and rubbing noise and does not snap into place forward.

steve2150 said:
I think it needs a new mirror assembly, when I fold the driver mirror assembly forward it moves smoothly and quietly and snaps into place forward, when I move the passenger mirror assembly forward it does not move smoothly and sounds like a clock spring winding and rubbing noise and does not snap into place forward.

Then I think the problem is identified.

Back