Buy vs. Lease

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
astroboy said:
i figured that a lease was always a "ripoff" as you're borrowing money at a less favorable rate than a traditional loan. however, i think we would have been far ahead - even after 69 months of the leaf, and all the subsidies, it looks like our monthly cost is between $380 and $410 depending on how much the car is actually worth right now. i gotta believe a lease would have been in that ballpark. although we could have been driving something new 2.5 years ago, i'm not sure what it would have been. maybe another leaf.

Welcome to the forum, Astro, and for all you do in keeping the world safe :)

kdcADyi.jpg

One question, at only four and a half feet tall...do you have trouble reaching the pedals in your Leaf, or seeing over the steering wheel?

I digress. Hindsight is 20/20. You had no idea that Nissan (and others) would start handing out crazy cheap lease deals.

it is true that i have to sit on a stack of anime to see out the front and i have several geta tied to the pedals.

going to look at a bolt in person tomorrow... have cars to trade in so the monthly cost is going to end up low. probably not the most efficient way to get return on my old vehicles but private sales are a hassle to me.

Back