Cadillac Version - Bolt BLR

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything Chevy should consider making a sports version of this car.

They should have done that with the Spark EV as it had soooo much potential as a pocket rocket.

JupiterMoon said:

They should have done that with the Spark EV as it had soooo much potential as a pocket rocket.

That would be a cool car, but tough to say how well it would sell. I thought that the Pontiac Solstice was a pretty cool looking car too, but from 2005-2010, it only managed about 57,000 units. Perhaps an electric variant of the Corvette is in the works? That would make a killer machine even more so.

oilerlord said:
JupiterMoon said:

That would be a cool car, but tough to say how well it would sell. I thought that the Pontiac Solstice was a pretty cool looking car too, but from 2005-2010, it only managed about 57,000 units. Perhaps an electric variant of the Corvette is in the works? That would make a killer machine even more so.

They could have possibly put the electric unit of the Spark EV into a slightly larger package like an Opel Corsa or Astra and made in a OPC electric version. Now that ranges are getting larger, it may be a reality soon. Cars like that are necessary IMO as EVs to begin displacing the ICE dinosaurs.

Right. And a small / relatively light sports car makes perfect sense as an EV. If it was a convertible, I'd certainly give it a look. If Porsche came out with an all-electric Boxster, I think it would be a hit. I had a Boxster S for a few years. Loved it / miss it. Perhaps if Cadillac came out with a 4 second Boxster-esque electric roadster, it might catch on as long as it's priced at or below an entry-level Corvette.

oilerlord said:
Right. And a small / relatively light sports car makes perfect sense as an EV. If it was a convertible, I'd certainly give it a look. If Porsche came out with an all-electric Boxster, I think it would be a hit. I had a Boxster S for a few years. Loved it / miss it. Perhaps if Cadillac came out with a 4 second Boxster-esque electric roadster, it might catch on as long as it's priced at or below an entry-level Corvette.

I personally think GM should drop Cadillac and bring the Opel brand over as their flagship/luxury line.

That would throw away a LARGE amount of money in the form of brand.

The last Opels sold in the US was back in the 70s.

Schnort said:

Well, Cadillac isn't exactly killing it. They have their aging blue hair demographic, and have tried (unsuccessfully) to attract a younger audience with their -V models. Perhaps Cadillac bringing back an updated, and more polished version of the Tesla Roadster might change that. I think Jupiter is onto something. I'd definitely give it a look. I still scour ads for Tesla roadsters but $29,000 battery replacement / upgrade?? I can get an entire 2008 Boxster S for that money. Weren't Tesla Roadster buyers told back in 2008 that batteries were going to be cheaper in the future, so just drive the car and don't worry about it? At least, that's what we're telling people buying Bolts. Clearly there's a difference between the wholesale and retail price of a main traction battery.

Schnort said:

I think Cadillac needs to be put down already. It's a geriatric brand.

Back