Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klaus said:
vladsimi said:
Quick update: I just spoke with someone from GM Canada and can confirm that there are 3 Canadian Bolt EV customers who have TPDs of January 16, 2017! Unfortunately I am not one of them, but things are looking good for Q1 delivery...

That's too bad it isn't you - did they give any idea of what areas of the country those 3 Bolts are headed to?

No idea, but it looks like jsprigg from Brampton might be one of the 3. All I know if that ON, QC, and BC are the first provinces to get them (as they are the only ones that offer rebates).

jsprigg said:
My Bolt is scheduled to be built between 12 and 16 of January. I'm in Ontario (Brampton area).

Wonder what the expected delivery date will be. Dealer doesn't have an answer on that yet. Any ideas on how long that takes?

Congrats! You will likely be one of the first ones to get one in Canada. If you want weekly updates, I recommend you get in touch with Dan Reynolds from GM - he's the Chevy EV Customer Care Ambassador: [email protected]

jsprigg said:
My Bolt is scheduled to be built between 12 and 16 of January. I'm in Ontario (Brampton area).
That's great news! When did you order?

I've a pre-order with a Woodbridge dealer placed in December, they have no information of any build dates yet.

I just ordered one tonight. I went with the white premier with everything. I may wrap up for a custom color/look, any thoughts?

Question: what is "black grille" or "silver grille" options mean?

Can u choose any color of seat you wish? any recommendations?

Thanks guys

Dreaderus said:
I just ordered one tonight. I went with the white premier with everything. I may wrap up for a custom color/look, any thoughts?

Question: what is "black grille" or "silver grille" options mean?

Can u choose any color of seat you wish? any recommendations?

Thanks guys

From messing with the build page it seems like the two different finishes on the grill are just what they say "black" or "silver" but certain colours have either black or silver not available with that colour but some it seems can have either.

I kind of like the look of the gun metal with a black grill. I don't have the builder open at this moment so I don't remember the trademark colour names but if you want people to see you and be like "Eh! there's one of those electric cars boys!" then a brighter orange or red colour might be for you.

I don't see where the premier trim is worth an extra 5k unless you really like the leather but from reviews here and else ware they seem to be too stiff but that's why we sit in cars and test drive them, right? Also I have a kid and a dog. Other then about 1500$ worth of options I think I want to go with the LT.

Yeah i hear ya but I came from the Leaf SL so i can't downgrade in features and i do prefer leather to cloth stays cleaner longer.

I think u get $1200 more rebate back from the prem so thats kind of a bit of an incentive to indulge :)

I don't think there's an incentive differences in BC between the two models $5k plus $3250 if you do the scrap-it program, but if they do in Ontario or quebec then that seems like it could be worth it.

I personally only care about heated seats the portable change cord and a few other little things. When the seats get all shit kicked in 6 years I'll grab a nearly new leather set off craiglist for $300.

jjr said:
What? A $3250 rebate? Why haven't I heard of this? :)

Are there requirements? Does it need to have a hole in the cats? or rust? or poor mileage etc? So many questions!!

Scrap it update. I have a 2005 smart I'm scrapping. Talked to the lady at scrap it & said don't do it until Feb 1 2017...the incentive is going up! Could tell me by how much until it's public knowledge.

Also, the CEV grant ($5000) is supposed to be going up March 1st. Budget is being released Feb 24. My cousin is at bc hydro & does work on the ev program. Didn't know by how much but said to hold off until 1st, he's fairly confident the grant will increase. Guess I don't mind them taking forever to deliver the car! Ordered mine Dec 1st. Supposed to be getting on of the first ones I was told.... We'll see

MichaelBOLTon said:
Talked to the lady at scrap it & said don't do it until Feb 1 2017...the incentive is going up! Could tell me by how much until it's public knowledge. Also, the CEV grant ($5000) is supposed to be going up March 1st.
Wow, that's great news, thanks for giving us the heads-up!.

Hi all. I'm in the west end of the GTA and was advised of my dealers allotment on Dec. 08. Ordered Premiere to purchase, not lease, with both packages, on Dec. 13. No updates on build yet. Anyone negotiate better than MSRP? I didn't have any luck but didn't really try too hard, not knowing what the demand will be.

pppcory said:
Hi all. I'm in the west end of the GTA and was advised of my dealers allotment on Dec. 08. Ordered Premiere to purchase, not lease, with both packages, on Dec. 13. No updates on build yet. Anyone negotiate better than MSRP? I didn't have any luck but didn't really try too hard, not knowing what the demand will be.

Dealers in the Vancouver area don't seem to be willing to do any better than MSRP either :)

MichaelBOLTon said:
jjr said:
What? A $3250 rebate? Why haven't I heard of this? :)

Are there requirements? Does it need to have a hole in the cats? or rust? or poor mileage etc? So many questions!!

Scrap it update. I have a 2005 smart I'm scrapping. Talked to the lady at scrap it & said don't do it until Feb 1 2017...the incentive is going up! Could tell me by how much until it's public knowledge.

Also, the CEV grant ($5000) is supposed to be going up March 1st. Budget is being released Feb 24. My cousin is at bc hydro & does work on the ev program. Didn't know by how much but said to hold off until 1st, he's fairly confident the grant will increase. Guess I don't mind them taking forever to deliver the car! Ordered mine Dec 1st. Supposed to be getting on of the first ones I was told.... We'll see

Good info! I just bought my to be scrapped car a couple weeks ago so I'll still be into June/July before I can take advantage of the program anyway. It's replacing my truck as our secondary vehicle for the 6 months so it's not like I'm wasting money that way, Maybe they'll bring it up to the level it is in the east?

The requirements are having owned and insured to drive for at least 6 months prior to program qualification, if there's other requirements I haven't' found them, the program is for all kinds of vehicles but BEV's and plug in hybrids get the better returns.

vladsimi said:
jsprigg said:

Wonder what the expected delivery date will be. Dealer doesn't have an answer on that yet. Any ideas on how long that takes?

Congrats! You will likely be one of the first ones to get one in Canada. If you want weekly updates, I recommend you get in touch with Dan Reynolds from GM - he's the Chevy EV Customer Care Ambassador: [email protected]

Tried this email address for Dan. Email delivery attempt failed.

Tomorrow, January 25 Wednesday, Got invited to see the Chevrolet Bolt EV from 1 pm to 3pm at Gateway Chevrolet Buick, GMC (Brampton, Ontario).
GM representatives will be present for questions.

Coulombolt said:
Tomorrow, January 25 Wednesday, Got invited to see the Chevrolet Bolt EV from 1 pm to 3pm at Gateway Chevrolet Buick, GMC (Brampton, Ontario).
Roy Foss is doing the same thing on Thursday at their Thornhill location. Guess they have one car that gets passed around.

Coulombolt said:

Let us know how it goes please!

Coulombolt said:
You're lucky. The dealers here in Vancouver don't expect anything for a month or two yet, so I'm going on a 1,000km round trip road trip down to Portland tomorrow to see the Bolt EV at the Auto Show there.

Assuming everyone is paying MSRP, but being that this is GM we're talking about, just curious if they have been padding the bills with ridiculous admin fees, extra prep fees or other nonsense services that they expect you to buy.

kzod said:
Assuming everyone is paying MSRP, but being that this is GM we're talking about, just curious if they have been padding the bills with ridiculous admin fees, extra prep fees or other nonsense services that they expect you to buy.
Of course they have. My preliminary bill of sale came with a $500 admin fee, a $200 "theft deterrent" fee, $40 gasoline fee and other ridiculous items. We'll have a lot to talk about with the rep when the order comes through.

Back