DC FAST CHARGING

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetEV said:
The reason to buy an EV without DC fast charging would be if the intended driving was 100% commuting.
There is NEVER a reason to buy a long distance range EV like the BOLT EV without DCFC!

The only reason GM made it an "option" was so that it could market it as a $29,995 car after the $7,500 federal tax credit by not including it in every vehicle made and making it a foolish option!

Even if your intended driving was 100% commuting, you are shooting yourself in the foot, as jobs change and so do cars' resale values!

WetEV said:
The reason to buy an EV without DC fast charging would be if the intended driving was 100% commuting.
I just can't help but think it's very short-sighted to assume that you're never going to have to drive for an extended distance. "Never say never" springs to mind.

SeanNelson said:
WetEV said:
I just can't help but think it's very short-sighted to assume that you're never going to have to drive for an extended distance. "Never say never" springs to mind.

I can see how 90%+ of people should chose DCQC. So realize that I'm mostly agreeing with you.

However, look at Plugshare, there are large areas with no CCS plugs, and that isn't likely to change over the course of a lease. If you are in an area with no DCQC, then why? You will never use it even if you wanted to.

Also, not everyone lives on the mainland where a trip of 270 miles doesn't involve a ferry with a reservation or sometimes a very long wait. If you need to go on short notice, walk on the ferry and get a taxi at the other end is a common fast way to get someplace. Or fly or private boat, follow by a rental or taxi.

Maui, hard to see how any round trip can be longer than 160 miles. The road to Hana is not high speed.

What if the Bolt is not a second car, but a third car?

Jobs might change, but retirement is pretty constant.

Resale? 90% of EVs are leases.

WetEV said:
SeanNelson said:
WetEV said:

I can see how 90%+ of people should chose DCQC. So realize that I'm mostly agreeing with you.

However, look at Plugshare, there are large areas with no CCS plugs, and that isn't likely to change over the course of a lease. If you are in an area with no DCQC, then why? You will never use it even if you wanted to.

Also, not everyone lives on the mainland where a trip of 270 miles doesn't involve a ferry with a reservation or sometimes a very long wait. If you need to go on short notice, walk on the ferry and get a taxi at the other end is a common fast way to get someplace. Or fly or private boat, follow by a rental or taxi.

Maui, hard to see how any round trip can be longer than 160 miles. The road to Hana is not high speed.

What if the Bolt is not a second car, but a third car?

Jobs might change, but retirement is pretty constant.

Resale? 90% of EVs are leases.
Except you said: "the reason to BUY..."

Every consider a career in politics!! hahahahaha

Back