General Motors CEO Discusses Chevy Bolt EV – Video

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7aW84SXru4
Mary Barra told Wired Editor-in-Chief, Scott Dadich:

“Our core business will be the core for a very very long time.”

This referring to GM’s primary focus on trucks, SUVs, and car ownership. However, this is not to say that the company isn’t preparing for the future and taking innovative risks. The Chevy Bolt EV is the perfect example.
Barra says that the Bolt will blend the way consumers use cars today with how they will be used in the future. She calls it a “platform” for cars 5, 10, and even 50 years from now.

Video (above) Description (starts from 1:07):

GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra sits down the WIRED executive editor Scott Dadich to discuss the Chevy Bolt EV, autonomous cars and the future of personal mobility during the 2016 WIRED Business Conference.

She believes that it can be seen as a conventional car like any other, however it functions as a “laboratory” for the future. The Bolt will help to encourage the needed development of charging infrastructure. It will drive itself at some point. GM worked with Cruise Automation to make an autonomous version of the Bolt that Barra had an opportunity to test drive. Barra believes that the Chevy Bolt EV will change Detroit.

Earlier, Wired featured Mary Barra in a cover article with a Star Wars theme entitled “Detroit Strikes Back“. The article speaks to GM taking the lead in the electric car race. The headlines read:

$30,000
200 MILES
0-60 IN 7 SECONDS
HOW MARY BARRA’S GM BEAT TESLA TO THE ELECTRIC CAR FOR EVERYONE

An excerpt from the article:

For GM, the Bolt stands to offer a head start in a new kind of market for electric cars. But for the rest of us, there’s a broader significance to this news. It’s not just that Chevy will likely be first. It’s that a car company as lumbering and gigantic as GM, with infrastructure and manufacturing capacity on an epic scale, has gotten there first—and is there now. Tesla is nimble, innovative, and fun to watch, as companies go. But the Bolt is far more significant than any offering from Tesla ever could be. Why? Think of the old saw about how long it takes to turn an aircraft carrier around: It’s slow, and there’s not much to see at any given moment. But the thing about people who actually manage to turn one around is: They’ve got a freaking aircraft carrier.

Original link: http://insideevs.com/general-motors-ceo-discusses-chevy-bolt-ev-video/

I wonder when the detailed options such as color and leather will be out.

Rivu said:
I wonder when the detailed options such as color and leather will be out.

Yeah. I'm waiting too. But I think it will take some time before those information are available.

Back