horn that honks when you leave the key fob in the car

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I live in a rural area where, when I go to town in my truck, I leave the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked. There is no car theft here.

The only time I lock the car is during the summer, so people don't fill it with their surplus zucchini.

Can I somehow de-activate the honking of the horn that scolds me when I want to leave the key fob in the car?

Or get a lead-lined envelope and put the key fob in it so it doesn't transmit?

What is the nearest intersection to where you typically park your unlocked $40,000 car with the key fob inside? :cool:

Seriously, page 145 of the owners manual "Remote Left in Vehicle Alert" explains how to disable the alert

boltinelk said:
I live in a rural area where, when I go to town in my truck, I leave the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked. There is no car theft here.

The only time I lock the car is during the summer, so people don't fill it with their surplus zucchini.

Can I somehow de-activate the honking of the horn that scolds me when I want to leave the key fob in the car?

Or get a lead-lined envelope and put the key fob in it so it doesn't transmit?

Aluminum foil would work.

I have a problem with getting banjos left in my car.

paulgipe said:
There is a lot to digest in that manual.
It's well worth downloading a PDF copy of the manual because it's a heckuva lot faster to do a keyword search of the electronic version than it is to thumb through the pages of the paper manual hoping to run into the thing you're looking for.

SeanNelson said:
paulgipe said:
There is a lot to digest in that manual.
It's well worth downloading a PDF copy of the manual because it's a heckuva lot faster to do a keyword search of the electronic version than it is to thumb through the pages of the paper manual hoping to run into the thing you're looking for.
Sean, yes that's exactly what I do. Keyword search is a lifesaver. Of course nothing like sitting down with a beer and thumbing through the manual.

Back