How long will my Bolt be in QA?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbolt11

Hi,

I have a dealership in MD who has lined up a Bolt premier for me. It was supposed to be delivered today, but as of Monday was in "Quality inspection". How long does this generally take? Week, month, or more? It looks like it was invoiced on the 7th of this month. Find it hard to believe that there is no ETA or way to track it during this process.

Thanks for your help!

Been there. My Bolt was built 11/28 and didn't take delivery until Jan 17th. It just seemed to be in a black hole either "in transit" or "in QC".

It finally came and was worth the long wait.

Hang in there!

Yeah happened here in Cali also. What was even funny was the rail yard in Milpitas had the cars, but they were taking a long time to get them offloaded and trucked to the local dealers. The rail yard was 3 miles from my house. So yeah there are a lot of "logistics" in the picture. Hang in there.

According to the dealer chat with the "DBC", it's in Lake Orion, so at least it's not tantalizingly close to my house like you dan2112...

What frustrates me is that the Chevy website chat said it was "in transit". So I was expecting it was already on its way. Not much I can do. Wish I could track it like Amazon does packages...would make it a lot less nerve wracking! I'm stuck (im)patiently waiting!

markbolt11 said:
According to the dealer chat with the "DBC", it's in Lake Orion, so at least it's not tantalizingly close to my house like you dan2112...

What frustrates me is that the Chevy website chat said it was "in transit". So I was expecting it was already on its way. Not much I can do. Wish I could track it like Amazon does packages...would make it a lot less nerve wracking! I'm stuck (im)patiently waiting!

Hey markbolt11,

We can't imagine the kind of anticipation you must be experiencing! If you'd like to shoot us a quick private message with confirmation of your order number, we can do another check on our end to see if there's been any progress or new developments. Please feel free to review our privacy statement at https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html, which outlines our use of customer information.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Wouldn't it be nice if GM would create a site where we could check on our own orders, rather than having to on-line Chat with the nice people. I can track a $2 Amazon order, almost to the minute of when delivery will happen, yet I can't do that with my $40,000 Car. I had the same issue when I ordered a Solstice.

If the IT staff at GM couldn't deliver a web page to track status of on-order cars in a month, they ought to be embarrassed.
In fact, they should be embarrassed because they haven't already done so...

EldRick said:
If the IT staff at GM couldn't deliver a web page to track status of on-order cars in a month, they ought to be embarrassed.
In fact, they should be embarrassed because they haven't already done so...

I can completely understand where you're coming from, EldRick. We do not currently have a website where customers can check on an order status. As vehicle orders can sometimes be confusing, we act as an intermediary to help clarify the order process, give updates as they become available and provide whatever kind of assistance we can.

We do appreciate your feedback and if a website for order updates becomes available, we'll be sure to let you know!

Warm Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back