How many actual Bolt owners on this forum?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alienbogey said:
Bought one today and got it home with 28 miles on it.

Orange LT with some options.

I'm picking mine up next week.

Anything noteworthy to share about your first week with your new Bolt?

We got our Bolt on July 27 on a 3-year lease. It's a Premiere, Kinetic Blue Metallic with the Infotainment package, Driver Confidence 2 package, and the Fast Charger. So far we've driven about 900 miles. The lease on our 2015 Leaf was just up and we really wanted an EV with much better range. I took a 30 minute test drive a few months ago and really liked the car.

My wife and I are now driving exclusively in the one pedal L mode and find it much more fun than the old two pedal driving mode. And we're loving the freedom from range anxiety. We can drive anywhere in the Bay Area and back with plenty left over.

So far, our only complaint is the super harsh ride over bumps or rough terrain. I really want to find a solution for this as it feels like a real safety issue when it feels like the wheels have momentarily lost traction: http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6406

Greeting! Just joined coming from the Ford C-Max Energy Forum. Ordered Nightfall Gray Bolt in July. Took possession on 8/18/2017. Now looking for Rain Shields.

Not yet. The lease on my 2015 BMW i3 is up in May. Been watching the forum for the quirks of Bolt ownership. Every car is set up differently from the manufacturer. The idrive system on the BMW's has an active underground recoding network. Why they have some of the things set up that way befuddles me.

JerryBob said:
The idrive system on the BMW's has an active underground recoding network. Why they have some of the things set up that way befuddles me.

What is an "active underground recoding network" ?

Hi there:

I just picked up my new Chevy Bolt last night and so far loving it! I have already owned a Nissan Leaf (really liked but range too short), a BMW i3 w/Rex (liked the interior and range extension, but hated the ride and handling), and now am a proud leaser of a Bolt. This is a killer car so far, great range, really nice handling. I love the user interface and general design, like others I just wish they had used a little better interior materials and the seats were a little better (although I don't mind them like some, got a nice cushion coming, easy fix).

I will most likely cancel my Model 3 reservation, although as a Roadster owner I am supposed to have priority, but honestly not sure I want to wait and I am not sure what I would gain over the Bolt. I am not sure why this car is not doing a lot better than it is doing, its a great car, good price and the range makes it completely useable for vast majority of people (unlike all non Tesla electric cars before it and I am sorry but Tesla Model S is not worth the money).

I've had my Kinetic Blue Premier Bolt for a week now. I love the electric aspects of it as well as all the bells and whistles that I've never had on any of my previous cars. The surround view is great (although I wish it had a dedicated button to turn it on) and Android Auto works like a charm. I was planning to rig some sort of mount for my Garmin GPS unit but I like Android Auto so much I think I may not bother.

Back