How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a gamble wether this month's dealer and factory incentives will be better or worse than next month's. Checking the Drive Green website, Quirk has come down $10/month for October leasing, but no free EVSE currently.

went to culver city chevy. for bolt lt they quoted me $0 drive off $343/month tax included. does this seem little high? seems most ppl in California are able to get total cost for 3yr 10k miles for $10,000 or less. where are u guys getting good deals in southern california?

There is a dealer in San Diego offering this deal on their website. It is for a base model LT with no options and an MSRP of $37,695. If you want a more expensive Bolt the lease will be higher. It is for $129 a month for 36 months with $4,995 down (or $264.75 a month with $0 down) which adds up to $9,531 minus sales tax, etc.
http://www.city-chevrolet.com/

Here is an offer from a dealer in Carlsbad. $99 a month with $5,995 down, $9,559 total for a Bolt LT with an MSRP of $38,245.
http://www.weselohchevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_LT-Carlsbad-CA/3071891653?cs:eek:=100082200

Dddunit said:
went to culver city chevy. for bolt lt they quoted me $0 drive off $343/month tax included. does this seem little high? seems most ppl in California are able to get total cost for 3yr 10k miles for $10,000 or less. where are u guys getting good deals in southern california?

If you're talking about Nissani, skip them. They are incompetent, at best.

As for the price, if the quote you got is for an LT, pass. If it is for a Premier, shop it around a bit. You've got about $20/month that should be room for negotiation.

Hi All,

I got Bolt EV on 09/30 from Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose:

Bolt Premiere Summit White (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II) and Lease wear and tear package
MSRP: $43,510
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Down Payment: $4500 (first month included)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $225 for 35 months

I am eligible to get CA rebate $2500 and PG&E rebate $500.

Thanks all for the posts, its very helpful.

Skankan said:
Hi All,

I got Bolt EV on 09/30 from Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose:

Bolt Premiere Summit White (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II) and Lease wear and tear package
MSRP: $43,510
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Down Payment: $4500 (first month included)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $225 for 35 months

I am eligible to get CA rebate $2500 and PG&E rebate $500.

Thanks all for the posts, its very helpful.

I have been offered a very similar deal from Michael's Chevrolet in Fresno, CA:

Bolt Premiere Summit White (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II)
MSRP: $43,590
Annual Mileage: 15,000 (this was key for me)
Down Payment: $6000 (first month included)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $215 for 35 months (plus tax so it makes it about $232/month)

I am eligible to get CA rebate $2500, PG&E rebate $500 and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Rebate of $3000. So basically, I am putting nothing down and driving the car for $232 per month for 3 years and 45k miles. Seems like a pretty good deal to me because in 3 years I'm sure there will be another EV to consider (I have solar that produces enough energy to cover my EV usage and cost $.04/kwh)

What do you guys think?

ghoticov said:

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $215 for 35 months (plus tax so it makes it about $232/month)

I am eligible to get CA rebate $2500, PG&E rebate $500 and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Rebate of $3000. So basically, I am putting nothing down and driving the car for $232 per month for 3 years and 45k miles. Seems like a pretty good deal to me because in 3 years I'm sure there will be another EV to consider (I have solar that produces enough energy to cover my EV usage and cost $.04/kwh)

What do you guys think?

Total cost of ownership for Bolt Premier with all packages, 3-yr lease, 15k miles:

- $450 net down payment, including first monthly payment
  • Debits
    • - $6,000 paid upfront to dealer
      - $450 doc, registration, title, license, sticker (assumed)
    Credits
    • - CA rebate $2,500
      - PG&E rebate $500
      - San Joaquin rebate $3,000
- $232 monthly payment (incl. tax) for 35 months
- $395 disposition fee (assumed)
- $595 acquisition fee (assumed)

Total cost of ownership: around $9,560 for 3-year lease = around $3,200 per year (not including at-home charging station).

Compared to the prices other people (including me) have described in this forum, your TCO is very good, just so long as you are OK with the initial check you'll have to write for the down payment -- the rebates may take several months to reach you.

bluebolt said:
ghoticov said:

What do you guys think?

Total cost of ownership for Bolt Premier with all packages, 3-yr lease, 15k miles:

• Debits
    Credits
    • - CA rebate $2,500
      - PG&E rebate $500

Total cost of ownership: around $9,560 for 3-year lease = around $3,200 per year (not including at-home charging station).

Compared to the prices other people (including me) have described in this forum, your TCO is very good, just so long as you are OK with the initial check you'll have to write for the down payment -- the rebates may take several months to reach you.

Thanks for that breakdown!

I am still trying to understand the disposition and acquisition fees. I know that when I turn it back in (which I assume is the disposition fee) I owe $300 (and assuming normal wear and tear). They have not stated anything about an acquisition fee... only that I pay $6k upfront (which I can afford, assuming I get it back in 2-3 months) and then its $232 per month with less than 45k miles and pay $300... I walk away.

Also, what is TCO? I am still learning all this.... I think I just know enough to be dangerous at the moment. lol

ghoticov said:
bluebolt said:
ghoticov said:

What do you guys think?

• Debits
    Credits
    • - CA rebate $2,500
      - PG&E rebate $500

I am still trying to understand the disposition and acquisition fees. I know that when I turn it back in (which I assume is the disposition fee) I owe $300 (and assuming normal wear and tear). They have not stated anything about an acquisition fee... only that I pay $6k upfront (which I can afford, assuming I get it back in 2-3 months) and then its $232 per month with less than 45k miles and pay $300... I walk away.

Also, what is TCO? I am still learning all this.... I think I just know enough to be dangerous at the moment. lol

TCO = total cost of ownership = the actual total amount that you pay for the vehicle over the lifetime of its purchase or lease.

Disposition fee = the charge you pay at the end of the lease if you don't renew the lease. You may also get charged separately for wear and tear, but that isn't part of the disposition fee.

Acquisition fee = an extra charge that is tacked on by the leasor, just because, well, because they can. It doesn't become visible to you until the very end of the process, when it will at long last become apparent on the very last lease contract document that you sign.

bluebolt said:
ghoticov said:
bluebolt said:

• Debits
    Credits
    • - CA rebate $2,500
      - PG&E rebate $500

TCO = total cost of ownership = the actual total amount that you pay for the vehicle over the lifetime of its purchase or lease.

Disposition fee = the charge you pay at the end of the lease if you don't renew the lease. You may also get charged separately for wear and tear, but that isn't part of the disposition fee.

Acquisition fee = an extra charge that is tacked on by the leasor, just because, well, because they can. It doesn't become visible to you until the very end of the process, when it will at long last become apparent on the very last lease contract document that you sign.

ahhhh gotcha! My wife and I actually just leased a Fiat 500e for $79 / month with $6000 down (same rebates come back in a few months) and we turn it in at the end for $399 (assuming normal wear and tear). Doing that deal is what made me seriously think about the Bolt as its range is a lot longer, which I need for my work driving.

ghoticov said:
ahhhh gotcha! My wife and I actually just leased a Fiat 500e for $79 / month with $6000 down (same rebates come back in a few months) and we turn it in at the end for $399 (assuming normal wear and tear). Doing that deal is what made me seriously think about the Bolt as its range is a lot longer, which I need for my work driving.

In my opinion, the Bolt is the finest car that I have ever driven. Until now I'd only bought foreign, and I never thought that I would acquire a domestic car, but the first (not exaggerating) test drive with the Bolt changed my mind. And the current crop of EV rebates means that the Bolt's price is a fantastic deal. The only downside is that Chevy's sales process and customer service are shabby-to-incompetent (in my opinion) compared with foreign manufacturers. Buying a Bolt from a Chevy dealer, in my experience, was like buying Le Cirque's food at McDonald's. In the end, though, the Bolt is an absolutely wonderful vehicle and worth going through some pain to acquire.

bluebolt said:
ghoticov said:

In my opinion, the Bolt is the finest car that I have ever driven. Until now I'd only bought foreign, and I never thought that I would acquire a domestic car, but the first (not exaggerating) test drive with the Bolt changed my mind. And the current crop of EV rebates means that the Bolt's price is a fantastic deal. The only downside is that Chevy's sales process and customer service are shabby-to-incompetent (in my opinion) compared with foreign manufacturers. Buying a Bolt from a Chevy dealer, in my experience, was like buying Le Cirque's food at McDonald's. In the end, though, the Bolt is an absolutely wonderful vehicle and worth going through some pain to acquire.

I am looking forward to it! It's almost too good to be true that I can drive a brand new Bolt for about $8500 over 3 years... and in 3 years, there is no telling what is going to be available that I can take advantage of.... especially being in CARB Cali.

New to this forum and found a great deal of helpful info already. I'm either buying or leasing. Don't want to be tied up for the long term so leaning toward leasing but the MD tax sucks. Below are the quotes I got for a reputable dealer:

For a purchase:
MSRP: $43,905 (Premier with Infotainment and II package, color premium)
Sale Price with Costco: $38,750
Taxes: $2,343
Tag Fee: $300
Processing Fee: $300
Total: $41,393

The Federal Tax credit of $7500 and Maryland state credit of $3,000 will apply on top. Net cost after credits and Costco cash is $30,193.

For a lease:
Sale Price: $38,750
Applied rebates for lease: $4,350 (this negates the federal tax credit)
Residual: 60
Money Factor: .00078
With $0 down your payment would be roughly $375 a month, including taxes.
With $3,000 down your payment would be roughly $290 a month.

Only MD tax credit will apply. So effective monthly payment is $270 after credit and Costco cash card.

Are these quotes reasonable? After negotiating with BMW on an i3 and getting nowhere, $270 seems acceptable to me.

Numbers seem reasonable, though I suspect if you wanted to push back a bit, there is a little more room for negotiation.

Also, your price of $43,905 already includes the destination fee.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Net $270 sounds good.
10k miles? That's their BS standard, way too low if you want to drive anywhere.

Yeah, I got a 10k on my first EV lease, but it was a car with about 80 miles of freeway range - usually when we drive over 40 miles from home, we take a gasmobile (unless I am driving up to SF - there are tons of DCFC available, and one 15 min stop gets me home w. no problems). Usually the gas vehicle only gets driven 2-4 times a month (I've taken to using a bicycle when going less than 4-5 miles from home). With a car that you'll be using as THE everyday vehicle (except possibly for LONG trips, outside the nominal range) 12k is sort of a minimum IMHO, and 15k is probably better. But then YOU know how much you drive each year better than I do, so ... yMMV . ;)

Thanks you all for chiming in. I'll try to push a little but since it's Costco member pricing, I think the dealers will have an excuse to not go any lower because it's "standard". I also learned that Costco pricing varies from dealer to dealer. Only one dealer in my area has a "double status" and offered the lowest, clearly marked as Costco. The other one closest to me said they would match it, but I hope I don't lose the Costco cash.

I drive 50 miles round trip for commute, 4 days a week and about 46 weeks a year. That leaves me with 800 miles to go on weekend errands. We won't use this car for long trips. If the cost isn't substantially higher for 12k/yr, I'll do that so I can drive more freely (sending kids to activities, etc.)

Back