Infotainment Crash - Camera at 24 MPH

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigwich

So this was fun! Out on the road with full camera! And can't turn it off!

infotainmentcrashing.jpg

Got my car back from the valet yesterday, I doubt he did anything TOO weird, although he did have some problems getting the car in to park. BUT, when we got in, we just started rolling down the road with a completely unresponsive infotainment system STUCK in camera mode. It sat there for a minute or so, then crashed and rebooted to the Bolt startup animation and everything was fine after. The car kept driving fine and the instrument cluster was fine, but this head unit is starting to seem like a real piece of garbage. Anybody else having this particular kind of problem? Can GM assure us that the software for the propulsion system isn't as janky as the software in the head unit? When does GM pull the trigger on fixing this? Surely somebody's figured out a solution? Is this problem even unique to the Bolt? This sure isn't the first time weird stuff has happened on the head unit - Not for me, and not for others.

Anybody else experienced this particular flavor of failure?

It's already been fixed along with a bunch of other infotainment bugs. Cars built after around February 6 have the updated software and GM has released a software update for older cars.

Unfortunately, the over-the-air software update feature isn't ready for use yet (still being tested etc) so you have to go to the dealer to get the update installed if you want it now.

The service bulletin is 17-NA-071.

Thanks - I just called my dealer - Allen Gwynn in Glendale - They said it takes about an hour to do the fix - I'll be taking care of it on Saturday!

Thanks Jeff!

A

Back