Next news will be Bolt EV EPA data, MSRP etc - and very, very soon!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

GM builds cars for retail sale based on orders from dealerships.
Typically there's a 4-6 week cycle between order and production, and I can't imagine they'll start retail production without orders in hand.

That means that GM will need to release dealer ordering information, option RPOs, MSRP and invoice information, EPA data etc really soon!

It will be the next big Bolt news scoop. Until then, nothing new will show up....

Imho of course :)

klaus said:
Typically there's a 4-6 week cycle between order and production, and I can't imagine they'll start retail production without orders in hand.
The Lyft announcement may change that dynamic a bit, since the first vehicles off the line are supposed to be supplied to them. Still, I can't imagine that amounting to more than a few weeks' worth of production. And the silver lining is that it also means there's a chance to get a few production bugs worked out before vehicles available to the public are built.

SeanNelson said:
klaus said:
The Lyft announcement may change that dynamic a bit, since the first vehicles off the line are supposed to be supplied to them. Still, I can't imagine that amounting to more than a few weeks' worth of production. And the silver lining is that it also means there's a chance to get a few production bugs worked out before vehicles available to the public are built.
The Lyft agreement is oft misquoted and has taken on a life of it's own.
Lyft driver will NOT be getting cars sooner than the general public.
Talking about expanding the Express Drive program:
"San Francisco is targeted for summer 2016, with Los Angeles to follow in the fall. Denver will be added to the program by the fall as well. The cities will have access to the country’s largest electric ride-sharing fleet which will include both the new 2016 Chevrolet Volt and, by late fall, the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV."
They are adding new cities to the program, and adding the Volt and Bolt (when it becomes available in a given market) to the program.
Bolt pricing will be $99/wk rent + 20 cents a mile. If they do 65 fares/wk, the rent charge is dropped.

Back