Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cal1997 said:
Just picked up my Bolt this afternoon...

First one off the lot at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose.

Ordered on 10/14, built on 11/28, and delivered on 12/29. Paid MSRP and financed through my bank at 1.89% for 60 months.

The Bolt arrived at the dealer this morning and was the first Bolt to go through pre-delivery inspections and a cleaning. Did not get plugged in to the dealer's Level 2 EVSE. It had about 90 miles of range on it. Odometer was at 2 miles when I took it for a test drive before finalizing paperwork.

So far, so good... if you're familiar with the Gen 2 Volt, the Bolt will be a very easy transition. The shifter will take some getting used to.

That's great to hear that a Volt driver is satisfied with the Bolt EV! All of the negative press about the seats and some other small things had started to make me worried. Will you be posting a full review of the Bolt soon?

evguy said:
Will you be posting a full review of the Bolt soon?

I realized this is a dumb question - he's probably doing what all of us would do. Go out and drive in your brand new EV :)

Very cool to start to see the cars getting into customer hands. Still no info from my dealer in San Jose but fingers crossed. Should probably get that charger installed at the house now...

cal1997 said:
Just picked up my Bolt this afternoon...

First one off the lot at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose.

Ordered on 10/14, built on 11/28, and delivered on 12/29. Paid MSRP and financed through my bank at 1.89% for 60 months.

The Bolt arrived at the dealer this morning and was the first Bolt to go through pre-delivery inspections and a cleaning. Did not get plugged in to the dealer's Level 2 EVSE. It had about 90 miles of range on it. Odometer was at 2 miles when I took it for a test drive before finalizing paperwork.

So far, so good... if you're familiar with the Gen 2 Volt, the Bolt will be a very easy transition. The shifter will take some getting used to.

How does it drive? How quick is it? Have you driven a Spark EV in comparison? If so, which is quicker in your opinion?

Just talked with salesguy at Wilsonville, it sounds like their cars are still stuck in the rail terminal in Portland. No 2016 delivery for me...

stevewa said:
Just talked with salesguy at Wilsonville, it sounds like their cars are still stuck in the rail terminal in Portland. No 2016 delivery for me...

So are you changing your plan from buying to leasing, postponing your purchase, or going ahead with it?

stevewa said:

I got the same message from my sales guy at Wentworth in Portland - all Bolts stuck at the rail terminal and the rail terminal is not working until Tuesday next week. It looks like no 2016 deliveries in Portland.

Patronus said:
stevewa said:

I got the same message from my sales guy at Wentworth in Portland - all Bolts stuck at the rail terminal and the rail terminal is not working until Tuesday next week. It looks like no 2016 deliveries in Portland.

I don't even know if mine is at the rail terminal. Sales guy at Wentworth won't return emails. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy about them.

marshallinwa said:
stevewa said:

So are you changing your plan from buying to leasing, postponing your purchase, or going ahead with it?

Leasing as long as I can get the current lease rate (which says it expires on 1/3/17).

I gave up on the salespeople at Wentworth. They are car salesman, true to form. Cannot trust them. They act like they have the only Bolts in town, and we are lucky if they call back. Aloha to them.

BarnacleBill said:
I gave up on the salespeople at Wentworth. They are car salesman, true to form. Cannot trust them. They act like they have the only Bolts in town, and we are lucky if they call back. Aloha to them.

My salesman in the Bay Area was all smiles and bff when i gave the $500 and stated my preferences.

"Here is my cell, call me anytime with questions!"

Have not been able to get him on the phone for four days. Thinking of finding another dealership.

We placed our order with Kevin Rodriguez at Capitol Chevrolet on October 10th and got a TPW of 11/28. He's been amazingly responsive and proactive since I first contacted him in June. I was prepared when the phone showed his number on Thursday 12/28. Our Bolt was in. Sorry that so many of you are still waiting. I guess we got lucky. We picked up our Bolt Friday morning so I thought I'd share a blog/review I posted at http://www.stevejackowski.com/blog/we-love-our-new-chevybolt. Let me know if you have comments/questions. Thanks to all for the great informative discussions over the past several weeks.

Stevej said:
We placed our order with Kevin Rodriguez at Capitol Chevrolet on October 10th and got a TPW of 11/28. He's been amazingly responsive and proactive since I first contacted him in June. I was prepared when the phone showed his number on Thursday 12/28. Our Bolt was in. Sorry that so many of you are still waiting. I guess we got lucky. We picked up our Bolt Friday morning so I thought I'd share a blog/review I posted at http://www.stevejackowski.com/blog/we-love-our-new-chevybolt. Let me know if you have comments/questions. Thanks to all for the great informative discussions over the past several weeks.

So are you saying using Google maps offline feature wouldn't work for you or have you never tried using it.

Anyhow, good first review. Thanks!

We haven't tried the Google Maps Offline, though we will when we travel to more remote areas. As I understand it however, it will provide maps but it needs a network to do navigation. It would be nice not to have to rely on the OnStar call center navigation. The Bolt has GPS and over-the-air software updates, so why not NAV?

I've now tried CarPlay on the Bolt, and it works great for nav. Just press the speak button on the steering wheel and tell Siri where you want to go. The car comes with a free intro subscription to OnStar, but at the moment I can't imagine finding much actual use for it. I have some months to figure that part out, though.

To avoid a lot of duplicate posting, most of what I learn during my shakedown period from here on in will be on my Bolt blog:

http://achevyboltoutoftheblue.blogspot.com

Stevej said:
We haven't tried the Google Maps Offline, though we will when we travel to more remote areas. As I understand it however, it will provide maps but it needs a network to do navigation. It would be nice not to have to rely on the OnStar call center navigation. The Bolt has GPS and over-the-air software updates, so why not NAV?

Driving directions seem to work in airplane mode with GPS turned on. It looks like any restaurant, gas station etc that gets included in the offline map are available too. No charging stations are listed. Google are you listening?

I guess you will have to try it to see if it works for you.

Back