Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WilsonvilleEV said:
stevewa said:
Interesting, all the Bolt EV listings on Wilsonville's website have vanished.

I know they had already received some cars, and that "mine" had the "In Transit" flag as of a couple days ago. With the snow and ice I hadn't checked since Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe my train has come in.

We have been dealing with a few "glitches" on our webpage. The Bolts that are spoken for have been appearing on our site as if they are available. We did not want to lead potential customers astray or have them possibly make a trip in to the store to see inventory that is not available. After a couple failed attempts to keep them from appearing we finally had to delete the units from our inventory feed. We apologize for the confusion.

And I heard today the train is in The Dalles (about 90 miles east of Portland for those who don't know the area). However, that part of the Columbia Gorge is undergoing an ice storm at the present time. Wouldn't want it to be too easy now, would we?

Finally delivered - deposit 9/24 and picked up today - 1/17/17. A beautiful Red Premiere. Ditto on the long wait!

Just got it tucked away for the night in the garage and charging. Will start playing tomorrow. :)

Patronus said:
Finally delivered 1/6/17. Ordered 10/1/16. Long wait. Well worth it.

Orange Premier, loaded with every option. Purchased for MSRP.

Hey there Tink. Glad to hear it.
You already know we both ordered from the same place. We also ordered the same color!

Do you know when your build date was so we can see how long it took to get here? Mine is supposed to be built this week.

Thanks!
-John

gpsman said:
Hey there Tink. Glad to hear it.
You already know we both ordered from the same place. We also ordered the same color!

Do you know when your build date was so we can see how long it took to get here? Mine is supposed to be built this week.

Thanks!
-John

Howdy - it was built 11/28 and "in-transit" for seven weeks. I'd be willing to bet yours will come a lot quicker since mine was one of the earlier ones made and probably was stuck in quality control.. I see lots of Bolt VINS on dealer lots with much higher VINs than mine which suggests the delivery window is shrinking. btw - we were in and out of Boardwalk in a couple of hours - yay!

FWIW, my Bolt was assembled in the last week of November and delivered in the last week of December. It appears they stockpile a certain number of them before shipping. That, or QC, is the only way I can account for some moving into transit faster than others.

An update from Portland. The winter weather has been causing significant delays in our transportation from the VDC.

For a frame of reference, we just received a Bolt that was unloaded at the VDC 01/07. I believe that they will be able to get through the backlog over the next few days, but they are running behind currently.

I was allowed to place an actual factory order today! In MARYLAND! That is months earlier than in Delaware. We will see how soon it comes. Their thinking is in April, but we will see.

Eastocean said:
I was allowed to place an actual factory order today! In MARYLAND! That is months earlier than in Delaware. We will see how soon it comes. Their thinking is in April, but we will see.

So you're ordering a Bolt from Maryland to be delivered out-of-state?

I had a 2013 Leaf also. I can't wait to see how the Bolt and Leaf compare.

So you're ordering a Bolt from Maryland to be delivered out-of-state?

I had a 2013 LEAF also. I can't wait to see how the Bolt and LEAF compare.

I ordered my Leaf from Maryland also. This dealership is less than 1/2 mile from the border and a university town, so they often " deliver" to Delaware and register here. I won't pay MD sales taxes, and just the DE fees. I will also be able to receive the DE $3500 rebate for Delaware drivers. :D

I will be able to compare the Leaf and Bolt, since my extended Lease expires in April.

Placed my order (CA) in mid-October.
Got a build TPW of 1/2/17 that was delayed to 1/9/17 and got a VIN and "prepping for shipping" 1/23/17.

Note I have had to beg and pester for this info every step of the way. No info was provided to me.

My order was for an LT with DCFC and nothing else.
I've noticed Premier's all over the place have already been delivered in my neck of the woods. :evil:

Now that I have a VIN has any correlation to VIN and production number been found?

With my Gen1 Honda Insight I knew I had the 2993 rd car made. Can we track down how early an adopter I really am?

Got the call today, my Kinetic Blue LT has arrived in Wilsonville at last. Now wait for PDI and hope for a straightforward lease negotiation...and spend some more time in the seats!

Took delivery Saturday. We spent perhaps an hour and a half at the dealer (Wilsonville), and that included a brief test drive before all the paperwork. I saw a grey and an orange Premier while we were there for our Kinetic Blue LT.

Once the logistical nightmare of getting a trainload of cars across the frozen tundra and through the luge track that was the Columbia River Gorge was over, everything went pretty smoothly. It looks like the logjam in Oregon may finally be giving way...

Finally picked up my bolt today.
I really like it. And the seats are not at all
uncomfortable. It handles well.
Worth the wait.

Placed a deposit by phone w/Capitol Chevrolet on Mon 12/5/16. Was told delivery "should" be in January 2017; no such luck.

However, I got a call on Fri 2/3/17 from my sales person saying that "my car" was still in transit BUT that they just received delivery of 40 Bolts and that he had one just like the one I ordered --a white LT w/the comfort and convenience packages plus DCFC and the "optional" trunk floor.

Did I want it? Of course I said, yes! Test drove and leased the Bolt the next day on Sat 2/4/17.

Back