Other EVs from GM?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmvoltguy

Will GM just build the Bolt EV, or will they start to expand their line up to CUVs, SUVs, trucks, minivans etc?
Just small-to-medium will only last so long.

And Tesla has mentioned that the Model 3 will have a sedan & crossover version

If GM is only selling the Bolt, then their intent is just to compete with Tesla and not actually meet all EV user's needs and dominate the market? :)

All in due course. It will take many years for BEV dedicated platforms to permeate the different vehicle classes. I'd think they would leverage their investment in the Bolt platform first. An AWD variant seems obvious to me. And we're talking GM, so they might spread it across their brands.

As far as I'm concerned, among the "traditional" car makes (i.e., excluding Tesla) GM is on the verge of becoming the leader in EVs. I never would have imagined this to be the case. Between the Volt and Bolt, they are covering the spectrum pretty well. Ford has dropped the ball, BMW and Nissan are making reasonable efforts, and Toyota is embracing fool cells.

I don't think the Bolt is going to do it for the folks currently buying CUVs and SUVs. Why don't they put the Voltec power train including the plug on something like the Equinox? I think that would easily be more popular than the Volt due to clear market preference for a CUV over a sedan, and the Volt rear seating is not great even in the latest gen.

Back