The Chevy Bolt will have a host of LG components wrapped inside it

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINK

General Motors isn’t expected to start production of its mass-market all-electric 2017 Chevy Bolt until October, but LG isn’t waiting. The South Korean electronics powerhouse is gearing up to “mass-produce parts” for the Bolt this month, according to Electrek.
The Bolt was designed, inside and out, by a South Korean GM design studio. LG is making the most of its electric vehicle-centric components.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/lg-bolt-ev-parts/#ixzz4JPazTze8
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

I wonder if an electrical issue will "shut down " the whole car? I don't know how all the electrical components are intertwined. Does anyone know?

Aidan said:
I wonder if an electrical issue will "shut down " the whole car? I don't know how all the electrical components are intertwined. Does anyone know?
Not sure what you're asking here. A blown fuse is an "electrical issue", and will affect only that circuit. A dead 12v battery effectively shuts down the car (just like an ICE). Like all modern vehicles, there are many computers on-board. Some would cause the car to "shut down" if they failed.

MINK said:
General Motors isn’t expected to start production of its mass-market all-electric 2017 Chevy Bolt until October, but LG isn’t waiting. The South Korean electronics powerhouse is gearing up to “mass-produce parts” for the Bolt this month, according to Electrek.
I hope they haven't already shipped a boatload of parts to GM via Hanjin.

MINK said:
General Motors isn’t expected to start production of its mass-market all-electric 2017 Chevy Bolt until October, but LG isn’t waiting. The South Korean electronics powerhouse is gearing up to “mass-produce parts” for the Bolt this month, according to Electrek

LG can't wait. If GM is going to produce the Bolt, they need to have the parts in hand from LG. This is basic supply chain logistics, and really just tells me that everything is still running on time for a late-2016 launch. The next few months are going to seem to just drag by...

Back