Turn off auto door locks?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffreyDV

Is it possible to stop the doors from automatically locking when the car is put into drive or reverse? Thank you in advance.

devbolt said:
JeffreyDV said:
Is it possible to stop the doors from automatically locking when the car is put into drive or reverse? Thank you in advance.
I think you already got your answer over on Facebook: No

Not definitively. Mostly what I got was a debate.

JeffreyDV said:
devbolt said:
JeffreyDV said:

Using my bluetooth OBDII reader and some software on my tablet, I wasn't able to find any customization menus that could be accessed. It's possible that the software vendor I was using hasn't updated their software to talk to the Bolt's systems completely. I know the reader is good.

You might have to take it to the dealer and see if their expensive scantool can program it the way you want.

If I can change the subject just a little bit. I am looking at getting a Bolt. I am resigned to the fact that the doors are going to lock (should be an option) when the car moves. The car I currently have does not allow for all the doors to unlock when I turn the car off and open the drivers side door. The passenger side door stays locked as well as the hatchback. If the passenger gets out I still have to push the unlock button for them to lift the hatchback door. Other manufacturers have this as an option but I have not owned a newer Chevrolet.

devbolt said:
JeffreyDV said:
devbolt said:

Using my bluetooth OBDII reader and some software on my tablet, I wasn't able to find any customization menus that could be accessed. It's possible that the software vendor I was using hasn't updated their software to talk to the Bolt's systems completely. I know the reader is good.

You might have to take it to the dealer and see if their expensive scantool can program it the way you want.

Thank you. My wife had to have that feature turned off on her Dodge Journey by the dealer. I remember there were some features on my 2004 Prius that could be modified using the service screen( not sure if that is the correct name). The average driver was not able to access that but there was information on a forum explaining how to do it. I thought perhaps the Bolt was similar.

JeffreyDV said:
devbolt said:
JeffreyDV said:

Thank you. My wife had to have that feature turned off on her Dodge Journey by the dealer. I remember there were some features on my 2004 Prius that could be modified using the service screen( not sure if that is the correct name). The average driver was not able to access that but there was information on a forum explaining how to do it. I thought perhaps the Bolt was similar.

Yeah, I remember tweaking things in my 2005 Prius via the MFD service mode. I did have to use a ScanGauge II to turn off the beeping when backing up, though. This was before the Bluetooth OBDII readers and tablet software were available. Now I can easily do that with the Carista app and Bluetooth OBDII reader. And access a host of other customizations previously available only at the dealer.

Back