Update for Apple CarPlay

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandrewk

There is a new version of Apple CarPlay in iOS 10.3. Currently it's in beta, but should be released real soon.

Some good stuff. Hopefully, some bug fixes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmI8SWRnhvA

I read elsewhere that electric cars will also get a new icon for charge stations.

All of this assumes the new CarPlay survives the beta. It's very likely it will, but no guarantees.

dandrewk said:
I read elsewhere that electric cars will also get a new icon for charge stations.
And maybe GM CEO Mary Barra will live up to her oft quoted promise about Navigation for the Bolt EV at the January 2016 CES:

“Another way we are looking to save everyone’s time is by offering navigation with EV-specific routing. With EV Navigation mapping, Bolt EV gives options — like routes that maximize your range or provide access to charging stations,”

What apps are out there?
All I can find are music / radio apps.

For example if I live in LA but want to listen to CUBs games, I can download streaming radio from a Chicago radio station.

But I'd love a calendar app or a kind of spreadsheet or notepad app or calculator app, etc.

Anyone know of any cool CarPlay apps not music related?

You can try the beta. beta.apple.com

In destinations, there's a find charging station button. Doesn't show status however.

jmatero said:
You can try the beta. beta.apple.com

In destinations, there's a find charging station button. Doesn't show status however.

Sorry, but are you confirming that the Plug-share beta app does work in carplay? Just trying to confirm before I go through the whole IOS beta setup which I am seeing is not quick.....

Thank you.

Back