Location of color code sticker?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkippy5546

I need to buy some touch-up paint for my 2019 Bolt EV. The color is Kinetic Blue Metallic.

So the first thing to do is to find the parts code sticker, a.k.a. color code sticker / plate.

I've looked in the glove box, door pillars, and inside the engine compartment. I can't find it! Does anyone know where the color code sticker is located?

The manual says:

Service Parts
Identification Label

This label, on the inside of the trunk
area, has the following information:

. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
. Model designation
. Paint information
. Production options and special equipment

I don't know exactally where it is located but, this is what the manual suggests.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV order guide lists paint color as “Kinetic Blue Metallic”, Color Code “ GD1”, touch up paint number “WA-388A”. I just had a repair done and the shop listed the color as "BLUE ME AWAY PEARL". Also known as "marine blue" and "hyper blue". It was an exact match.

Thank you to both of you! I didn't see that in the manual but I shall go hunting again in the trunk area!!

Years ago, Chevy used to place a "build sheet" under the back seat. This printout would show every option on the car by name and code as well as other things such as color code. Not sure if they still do this. If so, you'd have to lift of the bottom back seat to find it (not that hard to do).

I have looked through the entire car and find no trace of a sticker. I did find it hiding in the QR Code on the left door pillar. However you do need to have some idea of what the answer should be or you won't recognize it. :cool:

The official touch up paint for my 2019 Red Bolt EV is helpful, as compared to no touch up, but clearly not the original paint.

I have a 2020 Bolt EV Premier in Kinetic Blue Metallic. From the research I did online from multiple sources before buying touch up paint from TouchUpDirect, I deduced that my color code is GD1 / WA388A as an earlier post said. I haven't used the paint yet.

Another post in this thread got me to pull out the foam tray to look all the way at the bottom of the trunk. I found no sticker there (or elsewhere) but I got a look at the Bose amp and woofer that I'd read about.

Back