latest version chevy app

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

Wow, talk about screwing up a useful piece of software!

The new version is slow, very slow. First it updates twice before even allowing me to enter my pin. Then it takes about 40 seconds to update to the car's current condition, but only updating the mileage and charge remaining. Then, if I want additional information about the state of the tires, I press another button only I have to wait about 10 more seconds for an unrelated screen to pop up, which I cannot get rid of, trying to inform me about the recall that I've known about for 5 months. Finally I can get to the screen that tells me the tire inflation data, but I have wait again for that screen to refresh. I'm not a software engineer, but this is the most inelegant, clumsy piece of software I've ever used. I don't know what Chevy thinks of it, but the previous version looked better, was better organized and was far faster. Definitely a classic example of software devolution.

Not only that, they completely broke KeyPass. And it forces me to log in with email and password all. the. time.

Before the redesign, the mychevrolet app was about the most reliable car app I've ever used. Now it's the worst. It's worse than the integration with the old Fit EV, and that is an achievement.

Back