Colorado - any other posts in this section?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbobman

I think I saw at least one other owner on this site.

BTW, the cold snap is harshing my eMPGs man.

Hi! I live in Denver and I'm thinking seriously about ordering a Bolt. Took one for a test drive last week and was very happy with it. How has your experience been?

Have you had yours in the mountains much? I'm wondering if the Bolt will be able to go to and from a day of skiing on a charge. Also, how does it handle long hills on the highway? Also, how much is range affected by the cold?

Sorry, missed your post due to the section not being too active.

I've only had a little over 1000 miles mostly in Denver. The weather hasn't been too bad either.

Supposedly there is a 10-20% delta with the extreme temperatures - either hot or cold. The handling in slush and some ice has been on-par for front wheel drive. As the tires are still new it is working quite well.

Hills will certainly put the battery to the test. I haven't taken the trip up the highway past Genesee on I70 but I am quite certain it has enough torque to handle it.

PlugShare shows a charge station at the Whole Foods at 261 Lusher Court Frisco but this is not showing on the ChargePoint app. PlugShare also shows a free charger at Vail that isn't in the other app.

It may be a stretch to get there on a single charge although if there are issues with power loss, you can always recharge back down the hill.

Also, I do very much love this car. Very sporty and powerful takeoffs.

Thanks! It's good to hear you're stil happy with the car. Can't wait to see what it's all like.

Okay Colorado guys, what do you know about the $5,000 assignable EV income tax credit? Do you know of anyone that actually was able to assign his tax credit?

gbobman said:
I won't be able to apply until the next tax filing.
The changes that took effect in 2017 allow the Tax Credit to be transferred/assigned to a financial institution and treated like a price reduction. No need to wait until you file your taxes to get the credit. The OP is looking for a financing option that allows the credit to be taken immediately.

It also:
Reduced the tax credit when purchasing an EV from 1% of per kWh of battery capacity (capped at $6K) to a flat $5K.
Reduced the Tax Credit when leasing the Bolt from up to $6K (see above, but apply 60% x total lease payments) to a flat $2,500.

Pre-owned vehicles also no longer qualify (prior to 2017, any vehicle never registered in CO was eligible - there was a substantial market for off-lease vehicles from other states)

Back