Bolts are in Transit

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leodoggie said:
So Santa will be deliverying your Christmas present after all.

Maybe, but more likely, between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Gives me a four day window, with Monday being the "observed" holiday for most I presume.

marshallinwa said:
Willsonville in Portland is no longer showing their Bolts with the in transit tag. They now have the price listed, but no window sticker yet.

Well, don't you believe them. Mrs EMV and I stopped there on the way to Costco. "Oh no, we won't have any until the middle of January". Bought my Spark EV from them and actually had a good experience, I guess the bulls have been doing their business in "the big back yard". :roll:

emv said:
marshallinwa said:
Willsonville in Portland is no longer showing their Bolts with the in transit tag. They now have the price listed, but no window sticker yet.

Well, don't you believe them. Mrs EMV and I stopped there on the way to Costco. "Oh no, we won't have any until the middle of January". Bought my Spark EV from them and actually had a good experience, I guess the bulls have been doing their business in "the big back yard". :roll:
It really depends on how the question was phrased. All of the "In Stock" units were configured by customers, produced and shipped by GM, and are already "sold" (or at least have deposits on them). There is a point where they switch from "In Transit" to "In Inventory" without them being physically on site. It's usually a matter of a couple of days.
They are expecting additional units in January that are likely still available, but I expect that the units on their website will be there shortly.

Wentworth in Portland, just removed in transit from two of their listed Bolts. They are now listing 20 cars.

Tonkin in Portland is listing one Bolt with a stock number.
Wentworth in Portland has now removed the in transit tag for 4 more Bolts.
Capital in Salem is now listing 2 Bolts in Transit.

marshallinwa said:
The dealership I ordered mine from (Wentworth in PDX) shows several "in transit" and has for like 5 days.
They have not answered my emails.
I don't expect much from them.

Is you VIN included in any of them that they have listed in transit?

No, it is not. I finally obtained the VIN and after numerous emails, the dealer updated me with an exchange that included this:

"I'm showing that as of 12/09 the unit is undergoing quality inspections at the plant in Lake Orion, MI. I do not have an ETA for delivery of the unit to your dealership. I'll get a case set up for you to have this looked into further.
the SR# for the case will be 1234567. I will escalate this up and contact you back by no later than next Wednesday 12/28 with an update"

marshallinwa said:

That's what their website shows. If you call them you find out they have NO Bolts and the salesperson is unaware of what the inventory on their website shows.

That's what their website shows. If you call them you find out they have NO Bolts and the salesperson is unaware of what the inventory on their website shows.

So what the story with Wentworth and Tonkin? Does Tonkin actually have one for sale, since they gave it a stock number?

marshallinwa said:

So what the story with Wentworth and Tonkin? Does Tonkin actually have one for sale, since they gave it a stock number?

That I don't know. I only called WIlsonville

All the "In Transit" vehicles that converted to "In Stock" are yet to arrive (Portland Area). The dealership has no control over when they convert in the system.
The status as of 3:00 PM today (12/21): The last reported location of the train is in North Platte, Nebraska with an expected arrival at the Portland Distribution Center on 12/29. Delays due to weather, breakdowns, etc could push it out even further. From there, it is usually a few days to the dealer (they are not even allowed to complain until 5-7 days after the cars hit the distribution center).
Looks like after the 1st of the year.

It is extremely unlikely at this point that any of the first vehicles are available, but the only real way to know is to contact the dealerships.

The train was in Thornton,IL yesterday so it has traveled about 750 miles. The so. Cal section is due in Mira Loma on Friday.

Latest location of So Cal train is Tucumcari, NM 1000 miles to go. Should arrive in Mira Loma, Ca late tomorrow.

Dozens to hundreds are being delivered to Bay Area Dealers TODAY. Just remember dealers have to do their part--- paperwork and detail the cars, 100 point inspections, etc. This does not mean you get to drive it away today. ( but it might )

IMG_0294.JPG

I spoke with Tonkin and Wentworth this morning - all stock shown is taken. Sales guy at Wentworth said they might have more by late Feb. or March.
I just want sit in one, to see if the seats and I are compatible.

Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose received 15 Bolts this morning.

Best news -- one of the 15 is my pre-order! Might be able to pick it up tonight if the service department can complete the pre-delivery inspection.

Was also told that the cars come charged up with 50 miles of range. This dealership does not yet have its fast charger installed and only has 3 Level 2 chargers.

Back