Cadillac ELR is no longer... and GM's opinion of EVs is?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well I know that de Nysschen (I think he came from Audi) was never one to like or pretend to like electric vehicles, and now with the cancellation of the ELR it's all the more obvious.

The ELR was an amazing vehicle, it was just overpriced, and I guess they didn't want to lower the price to attract Volt and other plug-in drivers to their brand?
This vehicle just makes the brand look bad - if Cadillac couldn't convince '1 peprcenters' to buy it (instead they are buying Model Ss), then will GM be able to convince the rest of America to but the Bolt over the Model 3...

Anyway, I expressed interest to the largest Cadillac dealer in my area about the CT6 PHEV, and they informed me there will be no plug-in hybrid vehicle options from them for 2 years. Hopefully Chevy is ready to pick-up the orphaned Cadillac customers from one GM sub-brand to another!

I agree - the fine leather seating, the expensive rear suspension that far outperforms the Volt, the ELR as a whole has not been reported on adequately. Whether or not that was the issue, or the price, or both, we'll never really know.... sorry to see the ELR is gone.

Probably less than 3000 total were made? Could turn into quite a collector in the future.

Glad they dropped it. The ELR was doomed from the start. Not enough differences between it and the Volt. If GM had added more battery capacity or something else to really differentiate the ELR, it might have succeeded.

But when the choice is between a "fancy Volt" or a Tesla, most people chose the Tesla.

Total US sales (thru April) are 2697.

Interestingly, YTD sales are virtually identical to the Soul EV and ahead of the Focus Electric and well ahead of the Mercedes B-Class. When heavily discounted, the sales numbers definitely show that if priced right there is a market for an "upscale" Volt.

It will be interesting to see how the replacement CT6 Plug-In is positioned. Drive train is very different than the Volt, battery is in the floor instead of "T" shaped and it is rear wheel drive. Said to be much sportier than the Volt as well.

ELR was a good car but you're right, it was over priced and it's good that they dropped the car. Bolt EV seems to have much more probability in doing good in market.

Back