How long does it take to build a Bolt?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twocv

So I got this curious call from the dealer from which I ordered a Bolt.
He told me that my car would start production on March 13.
I asked him when I would see the car? He was reluctant to answer that question.
So I am asking what is a reasonable time to expect delivery days weeks months?

Twocv said:

Hi Twocv,

GM expects vehicle orders to take from 6-12 vehicles from order. If you have your vehicle order number, you can definitely send me that via private message or email at [email protected]. I'd be happy to work with you throughout this wait time to provide any updates or news on your Bolt.

To review GM's privacy policy, please feel free to visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Meanwhile, for one data point, I ordered Jan. 3.
The car was manufactured the week of Feb. 13th.
It is now "in the shipping process," and I'm told that it was loaded on a train this morning, the 28th.
With luck, I'll have it mid-March, so figure 10 weeks from order.

Seems to take way longer in Canada. Ordered Dec 1st & mine doesn't even have a TPW: Tentative Production Week. Super frustrated :evil:

I'm in BC Canada and my Bolt is going Production "week of" March 13 as well. If you are in the US ask your dealer for your order number. Then go the the Chevrolet.com webpage. Click on Owners. Click on Chat. Type in your order number and ask for latest status of your order. They update every Tuesday.

Your dealer can't tell you because he doesn't know when during that week yours will go to the line. Once it is finished it will go to quality control. He doesn't know how long the back up is for inspection. Then he doesn't have any idea when they will ship or even what method. If you check the Chevrolet.com every Tuesday you get the most current info.

If you are in Canada call Chevy Canada 1.800.263.3777. They get updates every day but I only bug them a couple of times a week. Grin

Mine was "guaranteed" delivery "first quarter" which ends 31 March but I'm not holding my breath. I'm thinking more like mid April so that way I could be pleasantly surprised.

So Amber D my order # aside I am curious in knowing how long it takes to build a Bolt.
Starting with the first panels placed in the cradle to it rolling out the other end on it's way to QC.
I am looking for a rough idea.

Twocv said:
So Amber D my order # aside I am curious in knowing how long it takes to build a Bolt.
Starting with the first panels placed in the cradle to it rolling out the other end on it's way to QC.
I am looking for a rough idea.
I believe that it takes 3 days to go from assembling unpainted body parts/panels to a finished car.

ChevyCustomerCare said:
Twocv said:

Hi Twocv,

GM expects vehicle orders to take from 6-12 vehicles from order. If you have your vehicle order number, you can definitely send me that via private message or email at [email protected]. I'd be happy to work with you throughout this wait time to provide any updates or news on your Bolt.

To review GM's privacy policy, please feel free to visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi Twocv,

To clarify, I meant to say that vehicle orders can take 6-12 weeks. My apologies for any confusion caused!

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

6 weeks is about what I got. I ordered a car for delivery in MD in mid-Janurary , and this is its TPW. I should know more on Monday, and get the VIN

6 weeks is about what I got. I ordered a car for delivery in MD in mid-Janurary , and this is its TPW. I should know more maybe tomorrow. Actually, rhe dealer just emailed me at 8:15 on a Thursday evening. The
deaĺer got the invoice today for a March 1 production date. I will get the VIN tomorrow.

Eastocean said:
6 weeks is about what I got. I ordered a car for delivery in MD in mid-Janurary , and this is its TPW. I should know more maybe tomorrow. Actually, rhe dealer just emailed me at 8:15 on a Thursday evening. The
deaĺer got the invoice today for a March 1 production date. I will get the VIN tomorrow.

Hi Eastocean,

Congrats on your Bolt EV order! If you would like further updates on your order, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] or a private message here. Be sure to include your order number within any email/message you send our way!

To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Best Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back