I'm a new member

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmYK

Hello there!

I'm a new member. I'm trying to decide on a car so I joined a bunch of forums today to get all the information and public reaction at one place. What do you guys think about Chevy Bolt? Bad? Good? Not interested?

Any forum you visit dedicated to particular model of car, you'll likely find people interested :roll: :D

As to good or bad:
1) It's not out yet at nobody here owns or leases one
2) that's a subjective question, and what's good for one person is not necessarily good for another.

Looking for a 7 passenger AWD SUV ? The Bolt ain't gonna work.
Looking to drive from NY to LA next summer? Nope
Don't have off street parking where you can install an EVSE (garage preferred) or workplace charging? Any electric is likely to be inconvenient (at best).

That being said, if you're seriously considering a BEV, the Bolt should definitely be on the list. It's likely to be the only 200+ mile (EPA) @ <$40K for at least a year. Forums are a good source of information, but it's much better if you see them in person, talk to owners, and maybe codge a ride or test drive.

If you have time and there's an event near you, National Drive Electric Week is Sept 10 -18th. You can very often find much of the above all in one place. https://driveelectricweek.org/. Events vary in size, but worth checking out. All are put on by volunteers.

Hi! Chevrolet Bolt looks good so far. Do share your knowledge of other cars from the forums you joined.

Back