Infotainment current version

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeffN said:
phil0909 said:
ChevyCustomerCare said:
I can definitely do so, rcrcr!

1. With the 4G LTE capability of the vehicle, we hope to have post-purchase OTA updates available moving forward.

2. The customer-accessible "Check for Updates" feature works in tandem with OTA to display your current software version. This feature will alert an owner to available updates. More information can be found on page 159 of your owner's manual.

3. It will display your current software version.

4. We would need to have your dealership check to see if your Bolt EV has the latest update in it, and if there's anything in the works for a newer update.

5. There are a number of ways we can go about getting customers such as yourself an update appointment set up. The easiest route would be to reach out to me directly via email at [email protected] or via private message over this forum. I can then do the legwork to check for available updates and get you scheduled at your dealership. I know we've worked together via private message before, and I'll be sending you a private message shortly. Please be on the lookout for that!

We do sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we work to make the Bolt EV the best it can possibly be. If anybody (in addition to rcrcr) has questions/concerns about their Infotainment system, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warm Regards,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

It has now become clear that we have been given false information here. Specifically,

2. The customer-accessible "Check for Updates" feature DOES NOT WORK in tandem with OTA to alert an owner to available updates. Several Bolt owners have reported getting an update to v14.1.0, and one has even posted a photo of his updated version number on the Bolt's display screen. Yet when my Bolt "checks" for available updates, it assures me that my version 13.4.0 is the latest version.
Amber was describing how over-the-air (OTA) updates will work for the Bolt EV in the future. I'm not aware of any car company that does this today other than Tesla. The Bolt EV will be the first non-Tesla car to have this capability for user-visible features (so, not counting silent updates to the OnStar telematics computer).

Unfortunately, this feature is still being tested by GM and has not yet been enabled for regular customer cars. So, for now, you have to still do things the old fashioned way and go to a dealer. Dealers have a computer that they can use to search for software updates.

Chrysler/Ram has USB file uploading from the U-Connect website. After you load it to a USB drive on your PC, you upload it to the radio.

drdiesel1 said:
Chevy only pays for diagnostic work if the customer has a problem. They don't pay for diag. for the system not showing the latest version.
So in other words, don't go to the dealer and ask for the latest software, go and complain that the car is doing something that the latest software fixes.

drdiesel1 said:
Forman said:
I don't get it. I told the dealership I needed the infotainment update and they did some updates but when I got home 14.1.0 was not on the car. Can't they search and find updates like 14.1.0? The dealer told me to take it back for diagnostics to see what needs to be done. Maybe Chevy pays them to run diagnostics?

There are 2 versions of updates. One is a USB File load and the other is a software programming update. If they only did one and not both,
this is probably why it's not showing the latest version. They are also required to reset the system after updates. This could be another
reason why it's not reporting the updated info.

Chevy only pays for diagnostic work if the customer has a problem. They don't pay for diag. for the system not showing the latest version.
If the dealer did the update and didn't reset the system or didn't program both the USB file and radio software, it's on the dealer.
What did your copy of the RO say ? What was written on you receipt ? Did you get one ? Post it on here!
The work order reads, Cust requests android update for bolt may need a11 module update. Doc 4748340 check and advise. Has been acting up radio/blue tooth software fault . See doc# 4748340. Reprogrammed a11 module sps code# 80335

The firmware is 14.1.0 after update.

I put in same shop that updated another bolt last week. His bolt has all the setting wiped out and all my stuff was still there.

Back on topic...just had my early (11/16 build) Bolt updated for the infotainment glitch (per #17-NA-071) and the software stayed the same at 13.4.0.

I have no idea whether the problems were fixed because they been intermittent.

Taking my Bolt in tomorrow with a printout of #17-NA-071 in hand. When I made the appointment the service rep asked if I would also like an oil change.

I had mine updated to 14.1.0 when I had the LKA camera replaced on monday. I specifically requested it because I was having some of the issues that the update was supposed to fix (camera ICON greyed out when in D and stopped, radio presets resetting themselves, other customizations being lost, etc).

gpsman said:
Ok,
step 1: Show & Tell
step 2: Provide directions or links for the rest of us

Your posts are half-way there.

Google Tis2Web. You need a subscription or pay to use. Not for us average joe.

kofther said:
Taking my Bolt in tomorrow with a printout of #17-NA-071 in hand. When I made the appointment the service rep asked if I would also like an oil change.

Hi kofther,

Feel free to follow up with me via private message to let me know how your update appointment went.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Patronus said:
Back on topic...just had my early (11/16 build) Bolt updated for the infotainment glitch (per #17-NA-071) and the software stayed the same at 13.4.0.

I have no idea whether the problems were fixed because they been intermittent.

Hi Patronus,

At your earliest convenience, could you shoot me a private message or an email to [email protected] with your VIN, contact information and servicing dealer name?

I'd like to connect with your dealership's service team and look into this further on my end.

To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Ironically got a card from my selling dealer on Saturday claiming "Our Chevrolet Certified Service technicians are experts who know your Chevrolet better than anyone", offering me an oil change for $49.95.

To be fair, the "Service Alert" box in the fold-out did say the service on offer is really a tire rotation (covered by "Complete Care").

But since it looks like this entire card was custom printed it'd be nice if they corrected the error. How about a gallon of washer fluid or something? Certainly even with dealer markup that couldn't cost $49.95...

Obligatory on-topic comment: My infotainment acting up too. Was looking at a map the other day and suddenly realized it was getting very warm, flipped back to the home screen and somehow my seat heater had been turned up to full blast!

stevewa said:
Ironically got a card from my selling dealer on Saturday claiming "Our Chevrolet Certified Service technicians are experts who know your Chevrolet better than anyone", offering me an oil change for $49.95.

To be fair, the "Service Alert" box in the fold-out did say the service on offer is really a tire rotation (covered by "Complete Care").

But since it looks like this entire card was custom printed it'd be nice if they corrected the error. How about a gallon of washer fluid or something? Certainly even with dealer markup that couldn't cost $49.95...

Obligatory on-topic comment: My infotainment acting up too. Was looking at a map the other day and suddenly realized it was getting very warm, flipped back to the home screen and somehow my seat heater had been turned up to full blast!

FAT fingers ;)

drdiesel1 said:
stevewa said:

FAT fingers ;)

One would think, except when CarPlay is running the seat heater controls are unavailable.

If you look at this photo from Business Insider of CarPlay running on the Bolt, it does not remove the cabin controls. Those buttons should always be available.

https://static-ssl.businessinsider.com/image/58c9b3046ad50ac6008b52be-960-720/there-is-no-native-gps-navigation-system-instead-you-use-apple-carplay-or-android-auto-via-a-usb-connection-you-can-also-stay-connected-with-the-onstar-4g-lte-wifi-so-that-you-dont-use-up-all-of-your-wireless-data.jpg

My screen buttons are removed when on carplay, but if I touch the physical Fan button, the screen buttons show up again...

flamaest said:
My screen buttons are removed when on carplay, but if I touch the physical Fan button, the screen buttons show up again...
That sounds like something has gone wrong. Maybe the infotainment update is required or a reboot on the car's system... I know when the AA is acting flaky I'll lose the buttons - I'm still on the original factory version.

Hello,

I have version 13.5 installed in the car, took delivery at the end of July, and have begun to experience daily problems with infotainment. Does anyone know if the following have been fixed with newer software, or if I need to get new hardware?

All are intermittent:

1. When putting car in reverse, screen goes grey (no cameras or park assist)

2. Infotainment screen freezes on car play. Radio continues to play in background, but touchscreen, power button, and volume controls are totally non responsive, even after stopping, turning off and restarting vehicle. (If I get out and use the remote to lock the vehicle, the infotainment screen stays on CarPlay home screen for several minutes before finally shutting off)

3. When using Siri to start playing music in my collection, the volume starts off very loud. If I adjust the volume just one notch down, it suddenly drops down to where it was, several levels lower, and continues normally.

These are in addition to the other problems that I have read would be fixed with a software update to 14.0, namely:

1. Greyed out camera button
2. Random loss of favorites.
3. Random tuning to a non-existent radio station on car start.

Just want to do my research and know what to expect before fighting with the dealer. Thanks in advance for insight.

andrew said:
Hello,

I have version 13.5 installed in the car, took delivery at the end of July, and have begun to experience daily problems with infotainment. Does anyone know if the following have been fixed with newer software, or if I need to get new hardware?

All are intermittent:

1. When putting car in reverse, screen goes grey (no cameras or park assist)

2. Infotainment screen freezes on car play. Radio continues to play in background, but touchscreen, power button, and volume controls are totally non responsive, even after stopping, turning off and restarting vehicle. (If I get out and use the remote to lock the vehicle, the infotainment screen stays on CarPlay home screen for several minutes before finally shutting off)

3. When using Siri to start playing music in my collection, the volume starts off very loud. If I adjust the volume just one notch down, it suddenly drops down to where it was, several levels lower, and continues normally.

These are in addition to the other problems that I have read would be fixed with a software update to 14.0, namely:

1. Greyed out camera button
2. Random loss of favorites.
3. Random tuning to a non-existent radio station on car start.

Just want to do my research and know what to expect before fighting with the dealer. Thanks in advance for insight.

Everything you listed should be fixed by the software update. The Camera icon and random loss of favorites should be enough to get the dealer to do the TSB without fighting them. The only thing I can't confirm that would be fixed is the Siri volume issue with playing back music.

Back