Is this a good lease deal?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshMania

Hi guys

I am not familiar with leasing cars - and I have tried to research as much as I can about leasing, but I am afraid I am still not confident about the lease mechanics.
I am interested in the Bolt Premier (standard color - no upcharge) that has the Infotainment & Driver Confidence 2 packages along with the DC Fast Charge option - MSRP $43,510.

The following lease prices is what I have managed to get:
Upfront = $2500 + $495 (documentation & registration fees)
10,000 miles / year = $241 + tax / month
12,000 miles / year = $262 + tax / month
15,000 miles / year = $285 + tax / month

Not sure if there is any additional acquisition or disposition fees.
What do you think of the above prices - should I be happy or try negotiating it further?
Any other question that I should confirm from the dealer?
Or any other insurance / line item that I should add on or structure differently?

Thanks in advance

Your lease, for 10k miles has a total cost without taxes close to what I am paying with taxes included, meaning your deal is about 8-10% too high, assuming you are in CA.

You should aim to pay nothing more than the first month's payment as the drive-off and target a payment of about $290/month + tax. That should get you in line with what lowest deals that have been posted so far.

EastWestBrothers said:
Your lease, for 10k miles has a total cost without taxes close to what I am paying with taxes included, meaning your deal is about 8-10% too high, assuming you are in CA.

You should aim to pay nothing more than the first month's payment as the drive-off and target a payment of about $290/month + tax. That should get you in line with what lowest deals that have been posted so far.

Are you factoring in any state based rebates into your calculations? I am not...

AshMania said:
Hi guys

I am not familiar with leasing cars - and I have tried to research as much as I can about leasing, but I am afraid I am still not confident about the lease mechanics.
I am interested in the Bolt Premier (standard color - no upcharge) that has the Infotainment & Driver Confidence 2 packages along with the DC Fast Charge option - MSRP $43,510.

The following lease prices is what I have managed to get:
Upfront = $2500 + $495 (documentation & registration fees)
10,000 miles / year = $241 + tax / month
12,000 miles / year = $262 + tax / month
15,000 miles / year = $285 + tax / month

Not sure if there is any additional acquisition or disposition fees.
What do you think of the above prices - should I be happy or try negotiating it further?
Any other question that I should confirm from the dealer?
Or any other insurance / line item that I should add on or structure differently?

Thanks in advance

Assuming you are in California, and discussing the 15K mile option, your monthly payment is about $310 a month.

Your $3000 upfront adds approximately the equivalent of 3000/35 = $85 a month

So this deal is equivalent (approximately) to $395 a month, zero driveaway, including taxes.

That's a bit high. I think about $360 would be right...that's what my friends paid recently for exactly the same car. Prices may have changed up or down since then, I don't know...

Also...in general you should not put down ANYTHING on a lease. If you drive out the dealership and get hit by a bus, you are out that money forever.

Back