LEAF leaser interested in the Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unplugged

I can imagine lots of Leaf drivers trading up to a Bolt... could make for some great deals on used LEAFs soon

It all depends on LEAF 2.0 - which I hope Nissan will announce before the Bolt EV hits dealer lots or they will lose customers.

The $1000 question - will they trade up to a Bolt after their lease, or to a second gen LEAF?

I hope the Bolt does well in North America, if for nothing else than to open up the minds of the average driver to the advantage of driving a battery electric vehicle.

I leased a Leaf in 2012, but now I own it. I'm closely watching the next wave of EVs, and ready to upgrade when the right car comes along.

I think my own plan is to keep my old Leaf. It won't be worth much to try and sell. It's already almost to the point that it's worth keeping as a winter rat rather than selling for a few thousand dollars. In New York state, the DMV lets you withdraw a car from use for months at a time. This lowers your insurance to practically nothing while allowing you to keep the plates (avoid the hassle of a DMV trip). My plan is to buy a Bolt/Model III/Leaf 2.0/??? and then withdraw it from use from November through March. I used to do this with the S2000 I had. One thing is for certain, the Leaf will be the newest/nicest "winter rat" I've ever owned!

Brian, my thoughts exactly. Bought my 2012 LEAF new and like you see not much residual value to others, but still like the car. It will hold me well until the 3-way battle ensues over actual and deliverable Bolts, Model 3's,, and LEAF's sporting 200+ mile ranges in the next year or so. Then I'll try to sell the 2012 LEAF for enough to cover advertising costs to do so (he says, hopefully).

Back