Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a TPW of 11/28, but my dealer (Rydell in Northridge CA) said there was a chance that GM would hold cars from the first few runs for 3-4 weeks for QC, and I may not get it in December. Hope to see one in person at the LA Auto show next week :)

bren said:
I also have a TPW of 11/28, but my dealer (Rydell in Northridge CA) said there was a chance that GM would hold cars from the first few runs for 3-4 weeks for QC, and I may not get it in December. Hope to see one in person at the LA Auto show next week :)

I also heard about possible QC delays but not a timeframe as long as that. The lack of certainty concerns me because of the tax planning issues.

Remember that GM has publicly committed to "late 2016" availability (its on their Bolt EV webpage), so there will be a lot of pressure to do so (hopefully not at the expense of quality, but has been done many times before). It is times like these that hopefully GM is remembering the old adage: fast, good, cheap - pick 2.

My guess is that this is just kind of worst-case speculation that has turned into rumor that migrated to assumed fact. I am still very much counting on a December '16 delivery (TPW 11/28).

bren said:

These QC delays occurred when the new 2014 Corvette came out, so wouldn't be surprised. Of course, it drove everyone crazy. :mrgreen:

Michael

I just got an update from Chevy, TPW is still 12/5, but my event status code is now 3400 which means "order broadcast ".

Chatted with Chevy and though I was not given a code number I was told I am also in the "Broadcast stage." TPW still 11/28. They are firmly not committing to any shipping dates or the expected interval between completion and shipping.

A few years ago, I ordered a Solstice in August before production began in September . Mine was an early run (serial # 4723). They were built in Delaware, but shipped to Baltimore for QC. It took about 3 weeks, during which they upgraded weather stripping problems discovered on earlier run cars.
The car was finally delivered Nov. 11.

Bingo! I just confirmed "3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available" on Chevrolet.com Chat.

I have my VIN.

Maxters said:
What was your original TPW?
I was first given Nov. 14, I think, and then it changed to Nov. 8 and then it changed again back to Nov. 14. I was told by my dealer that 3 other cars in his initial allocation of 25 were scheduled with the same Nov. 14 TPW.

Just checked with GM on the status of my order. TPW still 11/28 but no change in status (broadcast). Anyone see their status move beyond that stage?

Order status still in broadcast stage so no change even though today is the first day of my TPW. In checking with my dealership, one of their other orders in the first allocation is complete and ready to ship. Mine is next up.

Just now (from the chat window on the Chevy site):

Congratulations your vehicle has been produced and your VIN is 1G1FX6S07H41xxxxx. At this time your vehicle is waiting to be assigned a carrier for transit.

Does anybody know how long it typically takes to get from this point to delivery?

Also waiting for the Bolt to be added to the eligible list for the $2500 California Clean Vehicle Rebate. The rebate program is not valid retroactively for vehicles obtained before they're added to that list. Nobody seems to know for sure how long that will take, but it appears the Spark EV was added the same week it first became available.

Hey guys, when you find out your pricing (sale or lease) please please let us all know ASAP

cmg1 said:
Also waiting for the Bolt to be added to the eligible list for the $2500 California Clean Vehicle Rebate. The rebate program is not valid retroactively for vehicles obtained before they're added to that list. Nobody seems to know for sure how long that will take, but it appears the Spark EV was added the same week it first became available.

Also hoping for an answer to this question as I am in the same boat more or less.

I called and talked to a woman at the Clean Vehicle Rebate center. She told me when the Bolt is in the dealerships they will post it on there site. Also said it would be a $2500 rebate.

Av8wkr said:
I called and talked to a woman at the Clean Vehicle Rebate center. She told me when the Bolt is in the dealerships they will post it on there site. Also said it would be a $2500 rebate.

You got further than me. I contacted them through their Facebook page and they said they had no information about that. But their Facebook page has pictures of the Bolt all over it. Thanks!

My TPW went from 12/19/16 to 1/2/17 so I guess I will not get the car in 2016. Sucks because the Colorado tax rebate goes from $6K this year to $5K next year.

Back