Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DucRider said:
roundpeg said:
I don't see the "placed in service" requirement being a problem with a passenger car for personal use in the same way it was for the airplane in the example (which was modified for the intended business use in the following tax year, which is why the deduction was not allowed)...
The airplane was probably not the best example.
But there is a phrase that pops up often as the litmus test:
"ready and available for its specifically assigned function"
If you have never taken physical possession of the vehicle, there is a pretty strong argument that it is not "ready and available".

If anyone is contemplating taking the tax credit before they have access to the vehicle (i.e. with the VIN and a Title transfer), a call to a tax professional is in order. My opinion is that the IRS and Court rulings specifically disallow a deduction under those circumstances.

http://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2007/nov/placedinservicedecisionrequirescarefulplanning.html
https://taxmap.ntis.gov/taxmap/pubs/p946-021.htm
https://taxmap.ntis.gov/taxmap/pubs/p946-003.htm#TXMP1be24aa4

I've had a VIN since November, so I know what that's worth all on its own.

Agreed, you need to have your backside in the seat, otherwise you've probably stretched the definition of "placed in service" beyond the breaking point. Even the small chance you get audited is not worth the aggravation it could cause if you can't show the IRS clean paperwork.

Does anyone know for certain how much (if any) of the Federal tax credit Chevy is using to reduce lease capitalization costs? That's a potential $7500 difference between lease/cash choice.

dandrewk said:
Does anyone know for certain how much (if any) of the Federal tax credit Chevy is using to reduce lease capitalization costs? That's a potential $7500 difference between lease/cash choice.

That's the maximum amount available. If you lease, all of it should go towards the lease..if not, they are screwing you. If you buy that's another story as it depends on your income.

Usual reliable source, I would suggest you contact your sales guy and arrange a suitable time to pick up your brand new Bolt. Takes about 2-3 days to arrive at dealership.

leodoggie said:
Usual reliable source, I would suggest you contact your sales guy and arrange a suitable time to pick up your brand new Bolt. Takes about 2-3 days to arrive at dealership.

Now you are really teasing. The only person who seemed to have the railroad info hasn't posted anything in a couple of days now.

BTW I already contacted the sales manager today. No response...

Attention to detail, I am sure if you dig a little you will be able to find the info. No kidding, the train has arrived, Your welcome by the way. My dozy sales guy won't know anything until I tell him.

leodoggie said:
Attention to detail, I am sure if you dig a little you will be able to find the info. No kidding, the train has arrived, Your welcome by the way. My dozy sales guy won't know anything until I tell him.

I've dug plenty, trust me. No rail car number, no info.

I would thank you but if I was that mysterious I'm sure your sensible reaction would be no different.

And I am dealing directly with the sales manager, who at least claims to be checking every day.

I am a mentor on several engineering sites, I have got use to giving clues, hints ,suggestions only, other wise people don't learn anything, hard habit to break. To put you out of you misery, go to his thread third page.

It's a blog, it has no pages. He also does not supply the rail car number. If you found that information somewhere else, congratulations. Knowing that not everyone has the time to do everything, I tend to share information with people who I think can use it.

Is there any way to track future trains that might be carrying a large load love Chevrolet bolt?

My thoughts are the one that I ordered won't be online until next month.

kimberlyl said:
I ordered mine from Lindsay Chevrolet in Northern Virginia and have a TCW 1/23. Cajun Red/Light ash premier. :)

Dumb question but when you say you "ordered" do you mean something more than paying $500 and filling out preferences? Some folks say they have a VIN #.

MetaBolt said:
kimberlyl said:
I ordered mine from Lindsay Chevrolet in Northern Virginia and have a TCW 1/23. Cajun Red/Light ash premier. :)

Dumb question but when you say you "ordered" do you mean something more than paying $500 and filling out preferences? Some folks say they have a VIN #.

Ordered, as in gave your dealer your specifications, color, options etc. Most will want a $500-$1,000 deposit. You then can get an order number (more like letters), then you can open a chat window at chevrolet.com and ask what the Target production week is.. Search around for more details than that.

Oh, once the car has been produced, it will be assigned an VIN which you can get by chat or your dealer can look it up.

Maxters said:
MetaBolt said:
kimberlyl said:

Ordered, as in gave your dealer your specifications, color, options etc. Most will want a $500-$1,000 deposit. You then can get an order number (more like letters), then you can open a chat window at chevrolet.com and ask what the Target production week is.. Search around for more details than that.

Oh, once the car has been produced, it will be assigned an VIN which you can get by chat or your dealer can look it up.

Ordered as in I gave all my preferences to my dealer rep on 12/10, he submitted it to Chevy on 12/13 and I received a TCW of 1/23 on 12/23... Am I understanding the question correctly?

Has anyone taken delivery? My car is supposedly going to turn up at the dealership today or tomorrow, but strangely I am not hearing anyone else report a delivery or a delivery date.

Back