Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maxters said:
MetaBolt said:
kimberlyl said:
I ordered mine from Lindsay Chevrolet in Northern Virginia and have a TCW 1/23. Cajun Red/Light ash premier. :)

Dumb question but when you say you "ordered" do you mean something more than paying $500 and filling out preferences? Some folks say they have a VIN #.

Ordered, as in gave your dealer your specifications, color, options etc. Most will want a $500-$1,000 deposit. You then can get an order number (more like letters), then you can open a chat window at chevrolet.com and ask what the Target production week is.. Search around for more details than that.

Oh, once the car has been produced, it will be assigned an VIN which you can get by chat or your dealer can look it up.

Tx Max! That was my question.
Best.

roundpeg said:
Has anyone taken delivery? My car is supposedly going to turn up at the dealership today or tomorrow, but strangely I am not hearing anyone else report a delivery or a delivery date.

I have not taken delivery, but I talked to my dealership yesterday. They told me they are expecting the cars to arrive on their lot "by the end of this week, or beginning of next week." I can see my car on their dealer inventory list when I check the website (matches my VIN), so it's on its way somewhere. Also I'm in the bay area fwiw.

roundpeg said:
Has anyone taken delivery? My car is supposedly going to turn up at the dealership today or tomorrow, but strangely I am not hearing anyone else report a delivery or a delivery date.

I've seen one post on another Bolt form.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/6-new-member-introductions/5761-hi-southern-california.html

marshallinwa said:

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/6-new-member-introductions/5761-hi-southern-california.html

Thanks I assume a handful cars are out there. In the case of this poster he bought without preordering, lucking into one on the lot. That's kind of frustrating to those of us who preordered months ago and are still waiting.

roundpeg said:
marshallinwa said:

Thanks I assume a handful cars are out there. In the case of this poster he bought without preordering, lucking into one on the lot. That's kind of frustrating to those of us who preordered months ago and are still waiting.

I think we will see a bunch more this week. I believe stevenwa is expecting his by Friday in Portland.

I spoke to my dealer in Orange County today, and he is expecting the cars to be delivered any time now(my tpw was 11/28). He confirmed that the train with my Bolt had arrived at Mira Loma on Monday 12/26. He was surprised that they had not arrived at the dealer yet (as of 2:00pm on wed.) and he reassured me he would call me as soon as they arrive. He said the they would only need a few hours to prep the car before I could pick it up. Hopefully tomorrow, or at least by the end of the week.....

karza said:
I spoke to my dealer in Orange County today, and he is expecting the cars to be delivered any time now(my tpw was 11/28). He confirmed that the train with my Bolt had arrived at Mira Loma on Monday 12/26. He was surprised that they had not arrived at the dealer yet (as of 2:00pm on wed.) and he reassured me he would call me as soon as they arrive. He said the they would only need a few hours to prep the car before I could pick it up. Hopefully tomorrow, or at least by the end of the week.....

Same TPW but mine landed at Mira Loma three days earlier than yours. Not delivered as of today, and I have similar assurances from my dealership that they will let me know as soon as it arrives. Reading around on other boards I see order customers are being told quite a wide variety of stories about when to expect the cars to arrive. I wonder if the dealerships really know.

marshallinwa said:
I think we will see a bunch more this week. I believe stevenwa is expecting his by Friday in Portland.

May be wishful thinking. The train is supposed to arrive at the rail terminal here tomorrow (Thursday). IF they are on time (could be questionable due to heavy winter storms in Eastern Oregon where I-84 has been closed off and on) and IF they get right to unloading the Bolts from the likely dozens of auto-racks that arrive on a daily basis, and IF mine is one of the early ones off, maybe I could take delivery by Saturday.

I expect the other folks who ordered/reserved from Portland dealerships are in the same situation. It could come down to dumb luck of what order the railcars were yarded as to whether or not we can claim our credit for 2016 or have to roll the dice on 2017.

stevewa
2011 Leaf SL (76000 mi)

stevewa said:
marshallinwa said:

May be wishful thinking. The train is supposed to arrive at the rail terminal here tomorrow (Thursday). IF they are on time (could be questionable due to heavy winter storms in Eastern Oregon where I-84 has been closed off and on) and IF they get right to unloading the Bolts from the likely dozens of auto-racks that arrive on a daily basis, and IF mine is one of the early ones off, maybe I could take delivery by Saturday.

I expect the other folks who ordered/reserved from Portland dealerships are in the same situation. It could come down to dumb luck of what order the railcars were yarded as to whether or not we can claim our credit for 2016 or have to roll the dice on 2017.

stevewa
2011 Leaf SL (76000 mi)

My dealer was supposed to get info yesterday from the factory about the status of my car, which has been sitting ready for inspection in Michigan since at least the 20th. So I have no idea if it got on the train you mention. I emailed them yesterday since they were supposed to get an update yesterday but have not heard anything back. I don't think I'll get mine before the end of the year.

My dealer (Orange County) just called and the bolt arrived at the dealer this morning w/60 miles of charge. Picking it up in 2 hours!

Someone who already picked up their Bolt said it arrived with 28 miles of charge. They paid for it. Went home for a few hours and picked it up later with 78 miles of charge.

Lots of Bolt EV's showing up at once? Great!
One charger at each dealer, not so great. (Sigh)

karza said:
My dealer (Orange County) just called and the bolt arrived at the dealer this morning w/60 miles of charge. Picking it up in 2 hours!

So jealous! My dealer still hasn't contacted me....

Please share pics and impressions as soon as you can :)

cal1997 said:
file.php

I hope that 2nd Bolt (Mosaic Black Premier) from the left is mine...
Good color choice!

gpsman said:
Someone who already picked up their Bolt said it arrived with 28 miles of charge. They paid for it. Went home for a few hours and picked it up later with 78 miles of charge.

The electrician who is installing my EVSE either today or tomorrow is also supposed to be installing the DCFC at the dealership. He says they have it but haven't scheduled the work yet. So I guess whatever charge it has on it when it rolls off is what I will get.

roundpeg said:
gpsman said:

The electrician who is installing my EVSE either today or tomorrow is also supposed to be installing the DCFC at the dealership. He says they have it but haven't scheduled the work yet. So I guess whatever charge it has on it when it rolls off is what I will get.

I hope you have a Bolt to test it with!

Just picked up my Bolt this afternoon...
15727377_10153969021992105_6218624407883470196_n.jpg

First one off the lot at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose.

Ordered on 10/14, built on 11/28, and delivered on 12/29. Paid MSRP and financed through my bank at 1.89% for 60 months.

The Bolt arrived at the dealer this morning and was the first Bolt to go through pre-delivery inspections and a cleaning. Did not get plugged in to the dealer's Level 2 EVSE. It had about 90 miles of range on it. Odometer was at 2 miles when I took it for a test drive before finalizing paperwork.

So far, so good... if you're familiar with the Gen 2 Volt, the Bolt will be a very easy transition. The shifter will take some getting used to.

Back