Review : TROY WOLVERTON (San Jose Mercury News)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only criticism of this review is that it suggests only a year wait to get a Model 3. I think this is unrealistic, will be much, much longer.

I expect to have 30,000 miles on my Bolt before I could get hold of a Model 3.

michael said:
My only criticism of this review is that it suggests only a year wait to get a Model 3. I think this is unrealistic, will be much, much longer.

I don't understand the mindset to wait so long for a vehicle - like you mentioned in your post, you will have used your vehicle a lot during that wait time not to mention all the technology and engineering upgrades that could happen during the wait time

jimmyjon said:
michael said:

I don't understand the mindset to wait so long for a vehicle - like you mentioned in your post, you will have used your vehicle a lot during that wait time not to mention all the technology and engineering upgrades that could happen during the wait time

There's always going to be something better, faster, cheaper just around the corner. At some point you have to just pull the trigger and be happy with what you get. If you constantly wait for upgrades that are just around the corner, you'll never buy anything, ever.

devbolt said:
jimmyjon said:
michael said:

There's always going to be something better, faster, cheaper just around the corner. At some point you have to just pull the trigger and be happy with what you get. If you constantly wait for upgrades that are just around the corner, you'll never buy anything, ever.

There's a great short story by Arthur C. Clarke on that exact subject : Superiority .

I have loved Arthur Clarke's works for decades. He was truly a visionary.

And I'm not waiting for the Model 3....I'm getting a Bolt as soon as my Volt lease ends!

SparkE said:
devbolt said:
jimmyjon said:

There's a great short story by Arthur C. Clarke on that exact subject : Superiority .

I think the short story Superiority says it perfectly... I don't want new just because it's new. I want pragmatic quality and technology that I am comfortable with and that has been tested over and over by its users to ensure its usefulness to me

Back