Total Miles after Charge

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmalzo

When I first took delivery the car would charge and give me at least 238 miles sometimes even more. Now that I Own it for a month it keeps going lower to the low 220's. Why is this happening. I drive very cautiously and try to conserve but the miles go down??

The range estimate is based on your recent trips. There are 4 key factors other than how you drive:

1. Temperature - batteries are less efficient at lower temps.

2. Use of heat & ac, especially heat.

3. Terrain - going up hills takes more power than you can gain (regen) going down the other side of the hill

4. Regen - driving in L mode will maximize putting power back into the battery when you have to slow down or are going downhill.

So, my personal recommendations are:

- Use heat very sparingly, rely more on seat and steering wheel heaters.
- Always drive in L mode and try not to use the brakes at all (its a fun game).

rmalzo said:
When I first took delivery the car would charge and give me at least 238 miles sometimes even more. Now that I Own it for a month it keeps going lower to the low 220's. Why is this happening. I drive very cautiously and try to conserve but the miles go down??

Good afternoon, rmalzo!

As previously mentioned by Patronus, estimated range can be affected by many factors. If you have any more questions about the factors outlined above, or have additional concerns you'd like to discuss, please send me a private message. I can certainly do my best to answer any questions you have!

Kind Regards,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back