Waiting for a Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastocean

It is frustrating. You get a build date, an intransit date, and still wait.

Then you see your car and VIN as inventory at the dealership.,you check with sales and find that the listing is automatic, even before delivery to the dealership. Frustrating!

I can track a $1 Amazon order, and keep track of every step of the way, as well as know shipping, delivery ànd way points. You have notice of the hour of delivery.

I order a $40,000 car, and can only get a vague numbers starting at 3000, and no firm data when to expect your car. This leaves a significant poor opinion of the company in my mind...

On 28 December I ordered the Bolt EV from Shelor Chevrolet in Christiansburg VA. They have not been able to tell me when the car will arrive. It is a Premier Cajun Red with ash-gray interior and the Driver Confidence Package and the fast charger. In two weeks it will be 3 months since I ordered the car!

I tried using Chat on the Chevrolet web page to find out the status of my order, but that did not work. They only referred back to the dealer where I ordered it.

On the chat line, I had the order number and VIN, and they gave general answers, like shipping and intransit. They don't seem to have anymore information than that. There is also an 800 number to call.

I put a deposit down in July

I got a VIN in October.

I got down on my knees and begged for delivery in December.

It arrived on January 3rd (I was at jury duty downtown! hahahaha) and I was the first Bolt EV owner/leasee from that dealership to drive off the lot with one later that day

Back