Which Bolt rims look better?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree - the LT rims are much better looking than the Premium. I have a Premium and am not happy with the rims at all. Might ee if I can get the dealer to trade them.

cab said:
The premier wheels on the Bolt EV follow a similar model to the gen 2 Volt's "upgrade" wheels. To be clear, there are three wheel option on the latter: LT wheels, premier wheels, and the seperatce cost upgrade wheels. The upgrade wheels are the same as the permier wheels but with the pockets painted. Here is a pic:

https://www.generalmotorspartsonline.com/oe-gm/23251535?origin=pla

And to be clear, in addition to the black insets, the raised parts of the Premier wheels are machined off, so no paint there at all other than a protective clear coat. They have a bit more "high tech" machined looked. I personally don't really care for either version and hope to get aftermarket when I get my Bolt, so I will have a nearly brand new set of stock LT wheels for sale.

SeanNelson said:
TomatoOne said:
EldRick said:
Unless I'm going blind, those wheels appear to be identical except for the black paint on the inside of the holes. What am I missing?
Pretty much. The LT version will eventually catch up to the Premier look as brake dust cakes up.
That'll take a long time with regenerative braking...
That was my first thought. I intend to make not using the brake pedal a game for myself.

Back