Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:
British Columbia
Ordered Artic blue metallic premier
with comfort II package

Dealer said 4-6 weeks, we shall see....

So can't wait, replacing my 2015 premier Volt.

Update. Still nothing yet. It's now been 9 weeks, and all I get for an update is it's in line for being manufactured. My sales guy is not even trying to find out how much longer. When I ordered the car, the sales guy said I was #5 in line. To date 6 Bolts have been delivered to the dealership - so I don't think he even knows what is going on. So frustrating.

Just finished live chat with chevrolet.ca rep. My car is scheduled to be built this week !!!! OMGoodness I'm super excited I have waited so patiently and I can't believe it's finally coming. I need to chill because it's not officially built yet..... Will keep you posted. :D

We ordered a Premier from Addison in Mississauga on February 23rd as part of their initial allotment. I have contacted customer care a couple of times with my order number to try to find out my production date. I haven't been given any update or production date yet. Just told that they don't have any dates yet.

The lack of information from manufacturer and dealer has been frustrating. Even if I was told my build date was not until July x, at least I would know and would be able to plan other related life things around that date. As someone who has "come back" to GM after 25 years since last driving one, it is not leaving the greatest of tastes in my mouth. Feels like they are missing a relatively simple opportunity to build a positive relationship with new customers even before the customer takes delivery of the car.

my car finally arrived. Ordered in Mid December and it's at the dealer now getting off the truck :D :lol: :lol:

mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:
British Columbia
Ordered Artic blue metallic premier
with comfort II package

Dealer said 4-6 weeks, we shall see....

So can't wait, replacing my 2015 premier Volt.

Update. Still nothing yet. It's now been 9 weeks, and all I get for an update is it's in line for being manufactured. My sales guy is not even trying to find out how much longer. When I ordered the car, the sales guy said I was #5 in line. To date 6 Bolts have been delivered to the dealership - so I don't think he even knows what is going on. So frustrating.

Just finished live chat with chevrolet.ca rep. My car is scheduled to be built this week !!!! OMGoodness I'm super excited I have waited so patiently and I can't believe it's finally coming. I need to chill because it's not officially built yet..... Will keep you posted. :D

Order update. 13 weeks now, my car has been built and left the plant on May 10th. It's on its way to me. So excited!! :lol: :D

I was told it's 21 business days ship time to BC. Mine must be on the same transport as yours leaving on May 10th. Just got EVSE installed in the garage today too.

Have fun!

mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:

Order update. 13 weeks now, my car has been built and left the plant on May 10th. It's on its way to me. So excited!! :lol: :D

I noticed today that a Bolt EV has shown up on my dealer website that matches my order.... I wonder if it's mine and it's getting closer to arriving. I estimated June 1st for arriving (unless you do 21 business days, then that's not until June 8th). I'm hoping for the former instead of the later :)

Hi, does anybody know if you can still order a Bolt? I walked to a dealer in Toronto and was told that they can't order them anymore for 2017 and I would have to wait for 2018. Then said they are not taking orders yet for 2018.

Was the person trying to get me out or GM dealers in Toronto have stop taken orders?

Thanks

mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:
mrzesty said:

Bolt arrived at the dealer yesterday. Doing the PDI and cleaning of the car this morning. Going to the dealer this afternoon to see the car. Yay!! Interior colour scheme is incorrect so won't be able to bring it home until they change the seats.

Just an update. Ordered January 4, 2017. Now 5 months out and no tentative production week in sight. Supposedly was part of initial allotment for dealer from north Toronto but sometimes they can misspeak. No way to really know. Invoice is for list price plus usual $700 admin fee. Had an order number right away from GM. My impression is that GM likes to talk about selling electric cars, but is not really interested in actually selling them. :(

Well, just as an update to my Bolt order, on May 3rd I finally had enough and called my salesman at the dealership that I ordered from. I confronted him about being in their initial allotment and that's when I learned from the salesman that they had actually lied to me. On Feb 18th, when I ordered and placed my deposit, I was told I was one of their last 3 initial allotments. I have that both verbally and in writing. On May 3rd, they finally admitted they lied. I was never in their initial allotment from the get-go. They perpetuated this lie for 3 months. During that time period I installed an EVSE which I now can't get the rebate on because I don't have my Bolt yet. Since that time, I've laid a formal complaint and with some help from a great fellow, I've gotten my file in to the Executive Review Team at GM corporate. That's pushing almost a month now since my file went to the ERT and still there's no resolution. I'm currently working on a possible resolution to this, but it's all leg work that I've had to do, not GM.

Ask me how happy I am with my dealership and generally with GM.....

(Dealership will remain nameless at this stage of the game)

Spitfire said:
I confronted him about being in their initial allotment and that's when I learned from the salesman that they had actually lied to me.
This is not the first instance of this issue I've read about on the various fora. If you can't get satisfaction then I think you should definitely let us know who the dealer was to prevent others from being similarly duped.

Spitfire said:
Well, just as an update to my Bolt order, on May 3rd I finally had enough and called my salesman at the dealership that I ordered from. I confronted him about being in their initial allotment and that's when I learned from the salesman that they had actually lied to me. On Feb 18th, when I ordered and placed my deposit, I was told I was one of their last 3 initial allotments. I have that both verbally and in writing. On May 3rd, they finally admitted they lied. I was never in their initial allotment from the get-go. They perpetuated this lie for 3 months. During that time period I installed an EVSE which I now can't get the rebate on because I don't have my Bolt yet. Since that time, I've laid a formal complaint and with some help from a great fellow, I've gotten my file in to the Executive Review Team at GM corporate. That's pushing almost a month now since my file went to the ERT and still there's no resolution. I'm currently working on a possible resolution to this, but it's all leg work that I've had to do, not GM.

I ordered and placed deposit on February 23rd and was told I was the last car of the dealerships 7 car initial allotment. I call every two weeks, as advised to by Chevy, and still no TPW. Now at 104 days and counting since my order. Angry and frustrated, and concerned I am in the same situation as Spitfire.

burlingtoncouple said:
Spitfire said:

I ordered and placed deposit on February 23rd and was told I was the last car of the dealerships 7 car initial allotment. I call every two weeks, as advised to by Chevy, and still no TPW. Now at 104 days and counting since my order. Angry and frustrated, and concerned I am in the same situation as Spitfire.

From what I'm learning, some initial allotments won't be built until the end of Q3. Initial allotment unfortunately doesn't mean built right away. I don't agree with it, but that's how GM is still rolling initial allotment builds out in Canada. I would simply call your dealership to confirm your initial allotment status.

Yesterday I placed orders and paid deposits for both 2018 Volt and 2018 Bolt. The Volt is for my wife, I'm getting the Bolt. The dealer told me the Volt should be built in August and delivered in September, while the Bolt in December and delivered in January 2018...Long waiting ahead...
Both cars are LT, added the Bose sound system for Volt and comfort and convenience packages for Bolt. Since there is no pricing for 2018 yet, both bills of sale are preliminary, with 2017 prices.

I inquired about about the Bolt at a dealer outside of Montreal and was told now if you order now expect to receive it around May of 2018! That is a long time! I am not sure I am willing to wait a year.

That's probably an exaggeration... My dealer said the official word from GM is production for 2018 Bolt will start in December (for Canada) with first deliveries in January. They also said GM is ramping up production for it and they removed a car from the plant so they can make more Bolts.

I got the same news from the dealer last week. I placed a deposit in May 2017 and they now say no Bolts to BC before the new year. I am disappointed but this will give me time to look at the 2018 Leaf and see if the improvements make it worth while. I am actually pretty frightened about buying a unproven North American car. I seems all the manufacturers are coming out with new EVs so more time to compare.

Royston said:
I am disappointed but this will give me time to look at the 2018 Leaf and see if the improvements make it worth while. I seems all the manufacturers are coming out with new EVs so more time to compare.
There's more choice out there every month. Hyundai is already selling the new Ioniq Electric, and the local VW dealers are booking e-Golf test drives in advance. Both rated to 200km - half of that of the Bolt, but reasonable for most people's needs. And on the other end of the price range, Tesla is ramping up their Model S CPO offers. Just saw a P85 for $60K, a fantastic deal. More EVs is good for everyone.

Back