Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SeanNelson said:
Spitfire said:
Can I assume that the Bolt will accept the 11.5kW charge rate from a lvl 2? If so that would reduce the standard charge time of 9 hrs down to about 5.5 hrs at my home. That would be most excellent as long as it takes the 11.5kW.....
The Bolt will accept a maximum of 32A of charge current, which at 240V would give you a little more than 7.6KW. It will work with an 11+KW EVSE, but it won't draw EVSE's full capacity.

Unless of course you were set up with 3 phase power but I'm assuming any associated charging products would be cost prohibitive if even available.

British Columbia
Ordered Artic blue metallic premier
with comfort II package

Dealer said 4-6 weeks, we shall see....

So can't wait, replacing my 2015 premier Volt.

mrzesty said:
British Columbia
Ordered Artic blue metallic premier
with comfort II package

Dealer said 4-6 weeks, we shall see....

So can't wait, replacing my 2015 premier Volt.

4-6 weeks would be excellent. I ordered mine 18 Feb and was told 10-12 weeks. Lets hope you're dealer is more accurate! :D

Ordered mine In Vancouver on Dec 1st & was told January, then Feb, now??? No help from GM head office on any info regarding a build date yet. Keep getting told it should be soon & check in next week. Been told that since December... wish they would be straight up with customers instead of just saying "should be soon." Been an engineer in charge of production schedules for over a decade & have worked with companies in the automotive industry. We booked installs 6-12 months in advance becuase they know their production schedules. So think it's total BS they say there's nothing scheduled yet. When I've dealt with automotive companies they totally know schedules and way in advance. Super unhappy with him GM Canada is handling their communication with clients. Very excited for the Bolt but very disappointed with GM

MichaelBOLTon said:
Been an engineer in charge of production schedules for over a decade & have worked with companies in the automotive industry. We booked installs 6-12 months in advance becuase they know their production schedules. So think it's total BS they say there's nothing scheduled yet.
I understand why you're frustrated and I sympathize. But I feel like I should point out that scheduling when your production line will start and stop is an entirely different matter than scheduling the individual items that go through the production line.

That having been said, I do agree that with the technology available today there's really no technical reason why the whole process couldn't be more transparent. Although it may have something to do with trying to prevent competitors from placing orders, tracking them, and learning something about the way GMs processes and procedures work.

MichaelBOLTon said:
Ordered mine In Vancouver on Dec 1st & was told January, then Feb, now??? No help from GM head office on any info regarding a build date yet. Keep getting told it should be soon & check in next week. Been told that since December... wish they would be straight up with customers instead of just saying "should be soon." Been an engineer in charge of production schedules for over a decade & have worked with companies in the automotive industry. We booked installs 6-12 months in advance becuase they know their production schedules. So think it's total BS they say there's nothing scheduled yet. When I've dealt with automotive companies they totally know schedules and way in advance. Super unhappy with him GM Canada is handling their communication with clients. Very excited for the Bolt but very disappointed with GM

Sum
Ting
Wong

We ordered ours in Ottawa Feb 13th.

The following week, dealer confirmed build date of Mar 23rd.

Estimated delivery April 15th.

Clearly matters from which GM dealer you buy. I placed my order 9 weeks ago and still do not have a Tentative Production Week. With only 952 cars delivered in February production might have slowed as well. I tried to choose a dealer that sold a lot of Volts and had a large allotment for the first Bolts. I am trading in a 2013 Leaf but that car will likely be at least 4 months older by the time a Bolt arrives. As the 90 day limit will have passed and the original agreement will have expired the dealer may want a new deal.
Before I purchased my Leaf I put in an offer for a Smart EV. I was told it would be there in 10 weeks. After 26 weeks I gave up.
Lots of pie in the sky when you buy an EV. ;)

MichaelBOLTon said:
Super unhappy with him GM Canada is handling their communication with clients. Very excited for the Bolt but very disappointed with GM
+1
This is one of the major reasons we cancelled our Bolt preorder. The local dealer wouldn't share any information with regards to availability, projected build dates, our rank in their order queue (would not even admit they have a limit on car allocations), and so on. They even had no clue there was an unveiling in their sister dealership across town, who promptly invited us to see the new Bolt after getting a referral from GM Corporate.

Was promised a first allocation and dealer called to say was going to a gm exec.

Had sold my car so am carless now waiting zero real updates since mid jan

Lucky I can carpool wife is mad

I put down my $3k deposit Dec. 12th in Toronto for. Summit White Premier w/infotainment & safety pkg. car was built around Jan. 30th. Car arrived at dealership yesterday (Mar 10th). Went in and arranged leasing today, my 60th birthday. Picking up Tuesday aft. So roughly 3 mos wait in total.

My salesman gave me weekly reports of very little info. Called Customer Care with order # supplied by dealer and the car arrived 2 days later. May have just been a coincidence.

Replacing 2005 Toyota Matrix XR

Other car: 2006 Hybrid Highlander Limited bought on eBay

Ordered on date of 01/12/17 and still not even a tentative production date?

Cancelled my order. Very upset. No info whatsoever about waiting times. Waiting for a Bolt for me is like Waiting for Godot. Hopeless!!!!

And every block around my house there is a Chevy Bolt Ad. Maybe someone who orders one today(10 weeks after I did) will get one before I do if I did not cancel my order.

The next generation Leaf which should achieve a similar range like the Bolt with neat self driving features will be my future car.
Also I know a Nissan dealer that treats their customers with respect.

I love the BOLT. Shame about the horrid ordering process!!!!

I won't pick apart your post, becuause I agree with your assessment of the buying experience. However a buying model here isn't exclusive to GM or Chevy, I had the same nonsense go on when I bought my original leaf (except I was in control because supply exceeded demand)

I never got a production date, nor any real updates, I got an email stating it was at the dealership. I guess you didn't want the car that bad.

Dreaderus said:
I won't pick apart your post, becuause I agree with your assessment of the buying experience. However a buying model here isn't exclusive to GM or Chevy, I had the same nonsense go on when I bought my original leaf (except I was in control because supply exceeded demand)

I never got a production date, nor any real updates, I got an email stating it was at the dealership. I guess you didn't want the car that bad.

I pre-ordered most my cars with a waiting list. Almost from the onset I had an idea when delivery will take place. What I don't like is being told six weeks ago that I am the next one to get a Tentative Production date and it will be very soon. Six weeks later I am told the very same thing.

Is this critique of mine due to not wanting a Bolt as badly as others? Maybe? There will be other 60kwh Electrical vehicles out there so I guess I am not willing to be duped into thinking that I will be the next person when in fact based on the blog posts here I am not. It's being mislead that I don't like.

Do you know if the order deposit is refundable? I ordered Jan. 14 and it's still at code 1100 - preliminary order status sitting at dealership. Not even accepted by GM yet. I'm thinking of just cancelling the order altogether.

There's an incentive in BC offering $6250 to scrap the old car, and it's depleted in less than two months of it being available... crazy. https://scrapit.ca/incentivechoices/
Now, I don't feel like buying a EV until more incentives comes into play. It's not like ON where it's $14k! BC is only $5k. The Scrap-It incentive helps with $6250 only if you have an old car to scrap. I feel like I've lost $6250!!!!

wonderbolt said:
Do you know if the order deposit is refundable? I ordered Jan. 14 and it's still at code 1100 - preliminary order status sitting at dealership. Not even accepted by GM yet. I'm thinking of just cancelling the order altogether.
The deposit should indeed be refundable, although you should've discussed that explicitly with the dealer BEFORE you placed your order, and put it down in writing. Our refund took about a week to process, but they did it without any attempts to stall or sway, no hard feelings.

I guess I got lucky. I went into the dealership in Burlington, ON and found out there was a reservation that was cancelled. I put a $1k deposit on the car (not even fully sure I was going to buy it). I got a message about 3 weeks later that my car was in. It even beat one that was already being shipped (no idea how that happened). I've been driving my Bolt for the last week getting used to it for my new job that I'll commute to. As of now, I don't even have my L2 installed and have been okay using the L1 for around town driving. I will have to stop off at public sites every now and then to charge up and let my L1 do the rest over night.

Beware the seats (there are a couple threads about this already). The leather in the premier versions isn't well padded and from the other posts the cloth ones aren't a ton better.

Any questions, feel free to reach out.

Hi.

I live in Toronto, can I buy the bolt in QC? If so, would I get the ON rebate ?

Thanks!

Back