Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yaely007 wrote
I live in Toronto, can I buy the bolt in QC? If so, would I get the ON rebate ?/quote]
Go to ontariochevroletdealers.ca where you can surely find a Bolt you want in Torona. They will often submit the rebate form for you ($14000) and deduct your rebate immediately. :D No need for the extra hassle and new cars seem to appear all the time.

Thanks however I called a few dealerships and they don't have any in stock. That is why I wanted to purchase one in QC. Just don't know if I can register it in ON?

Hi,

New to the forum. Live in Windsor Ont.

I just got my Bolt on Friday. I ordered it in early February. I guess that was pretty good. I had been promised "late spring". When they told me that I said "So late May or June" and they said "Oh, no. Earlier than that." Guess I don't understand GMs idea of seasons.

The dealer already had some allocations and I was the first to order and first to receive, so that may explain the different experiences.

Loving it so far. I am retired and had to keep may van for other uses, so it is mostly for errands and recreational for me.

Vancouver Bolt order update. Ordered Dec 1st 2016, build started last week & is completed , now just waiting for shipping. Will update once I get other info. For other Vancouver order folks, hope we get our cars soon :)

MichaelBOLTon said:
Vancouver Bolt order update. Ordered Dec 1st 2016, build started last week & is completed , now just waiting for shipping. Will update once I get other info. For other Vancouver order folks, hope we get our cars soon :)
I was surprised to learn that 241 Bolts were sold in Canada in March. You'd never guess that based on the apparent scarcity of them here in Vancouver.

Hey Vancouver Bolt order folks, heres the latest. Just got this email today:

Congratulations!

Your Arctic Blue Metallic 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV, with VIN: ##########....., was built on April 04, 2017 and has left Orion Assembly on its way to Dueck Chevrolet.

The shipping times for rail from Orion Assembly in Michigan, to Vancouver BC, is approximately 21 business days.

Once received at Duecks Chevrolet your selling dealer will let you know of its arrival.

Talked to my sales guy, said anyone placing an order now is looking at 12-18months for a Bolt! OUCH!

Glad I ordered early, but if I didn't I'd seriously be looking at a Tesla 3. But seeing I'm so darn tall & I couldn't see anything out the front window on the model S when I sat in it, don't think the 3 would be any better.

Let you know when it arrives

MichaelBOLTon said:
Talked to my sales guy, said anyone placing an order now is looking at 12-18months for a Bolt! OUCH!
This is why it annoys me when people talk about low Bolt sales. It's not because people don't want them - it's because of limited supply...

I talked to the folks at the Carter GM dealership on Lougheed today and they had the same story. Apparently they had an allocation of 16 Bolts and they're all spoken for. "You'll have to put an order in for a 2018 model" the salesperson said - but I'd sure hope they get some additional allocations before then. Another fellow there mentioned that they were allocated six times as many Volts as Bolts.

I got a similar message this morning talking to a salesperson at Wills Chevrolet. He said they were all spoken for at least until the end of the year and that there wouldn't be any on lots until at least next spring...

mrzesty said:
British Columbia
Ordered Artic blue metallic premier
with comfort II package

Dealer said 4-6 weeks, we shall see....

So can't wait, replacing my 2015 premier Volt.

Update. Still nothing yet. It's now been 9 weeks, and all I get for an update is it's in line for being manufactured. My sales guy is not even trying to find out how much longer. When I ordered the car, the sales guy said I was #5 in line. To date 6 Bolts have been delivered to the dealership - so I don't think he even knows what is going on. So frustrating.

I ordered mine in mid February. I was told I should see it in 6-8 weeks. So right about now... I still haven't received an order number which has me a bit miffed. I'm at Frost in Brampton, ON. Now I've heard that there is a scheduled production halt in April, for how long I don't know so I'm guessing production will really ramp up in May. And I'm guessing I won't see a car until June... I only hope that with this delay they have had enough time to add some more padding to the seats which I am fine with but agree they could use some more!

Kinetic Blue , Premier, Dark Galvanize Grey, Bose, Drivers II.

I didn't automatically get an order # when I submitted my order. I got my salesmen to ask the lady in charge or purchasing for it.
Where did you hear about the halt on production? If it was from the dealer you might want to live chat online to confirm. Seems they are all given different info which is frustrating for them & customers. My sales guy has been frustrated with the lack of & conflicting info he gets. Tries to keep his customers who ordered bolts happy but tough when you got no idea what's what lol. Just found out mine started the build on the Apr 3rd,finished on the 4th,&shipped on the 5th! Wow.
Hope yours starts soon!

I heard it from another board member, I'm not sure where he heard it from, a total rumor.

It is frustrating how hard it is for us to find out our order progress when it is so easy for the Americans. GM Canada really needs to improve on this.

Yes that is quite possible. Regardless I think our order process should be more transparent. When you hear stories about cars sitting on lots in other markets, being discounted because of slower than expected sales and we are sitting here unable to get an order number and sightings on the road are akin to unicorn sightings I think they could be doing a better job getting cars to the market! I don't mean to sound too angry, I'm not, but I am frustrated with the process.

FYI car came in to Dueck on Marine in Vancouver on Thursday, picked it up today (Sat 29th). Love it! Hopefully some more come in soon!

MichaelBOLTon said:
FYI car came in to Dueck on Marine in Vancouver on Thursday, picked it up today (Sat 29th). Love it! Hopefully some more come in soon!

Congrats Michael.
So far I have only seen one other Bolt in the Lower Mainland. a white LT just like mine, yesterday (28th). I have been out of the country though for a month until last week.
Any other Lower Mainland/Vancouver area owners out there yet ?

Ordered my Nightfall Grey Metallic Bolt on January 4 from a dealer in Toronto who had a big allotment of Bolts (10) and told me I was number 5 or 6 . Now 4 months out and no Tentative Production Date. GM still not making many Bolts (about 1000/month). Not sure why as is seems there are people to buy them if they would produce them for a market other than California. If Tesla sticks to its schedule they may almost catch GM for number of Model 3's delivered in 2017 compared to Bolts.
Knowing that misery loves company, and as there is always good in bad, then who is in first place? 116 as of today for me. :shock: I have been higher in the past waiting for an electric car on order so I am good for more. :p

Well right now I'm not a happy camper. Ordered 18th of February from a dealership in Toronto - part of their initial allotment. There have been numerous customers in Ontario that ordered well after me, into March, that have either already received their Bolts or have received a TPW already. I'm continuously told to check back in 2 weeks. This isn't even remotely an acceptable way of fulfilling orders. Do I expect to wait my turn - yes. Should I be content to watch others who ordered after me, already enjoying their Bolts. Absolutely not. Ramping it up through my dealership tomorrow and I'll be on the phone to GM as well. This is pure BS how they are fulfilling their orders. Ask me how likely I am to purchase another vehicle from GM after this....

Spitfire said:
and I'll be on the phone to GM as well
Definitely let GM corporate know you're unhappy with how you're treated. They came up with a remarkable car a full year ahead of the competition. They had a year to build up a loyal customer base and get the word of mouth going. And they blew it. Not enough production capacity, ridiculously low dealer allotments, and blatant disregard of customers who came forward and paid actual money for their preorders. More and more people who genuinely wanted the car are disappointed and looking for options now.

Several 200+ km BEVs, including i3, Leaf and e-Golf were promised this year. I signed up for manufacturer updates from all of them, and looks like VW haven't learnt a thing from the Bolt. e-Golfs allocations are also severely limited. In fact, they're already all sold out, and I haven't even received an official email yet. Got some friends, current VW owers who were really looking to buy one, also not a word from their VW rep. The i3 is sort of there already, the Leaf is not.

And now the Model 3 world launch is only two months away, while the CPO Model S stock grows surprisingly affordable if you think long term. So you give it some thought and end up clicking "Buy Now" on a Tesla website. Three minutes later your phone rings: "Congratulations on your new Tesla, I'll be your delivery advisor. When would you like a demo brought to your home?" And that's how they get you.

Back