No navigation?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScooterCT said:
I want self contained navigation.
I like the idea too. There's nothing to prevent you from getting a standard GPS unit and using it in the Bolt. It would be nice to have it display on the car's built-in screen, but people have been making do without that for a decade or more.

Although the first GPS manufacturer to project their display to the car's screen using CarPlay or Android Auto will get my money.

Interesting article for those of you who may not have seen it:

"Early Bolt EVs May Not Have Promised Navigation"

http://www.hybridcars.com/early-bolt-evs-may-not-have-promised-navigation/

I had not read it before I leased my $43,905 Bolt EV Premiere, but my best friend did and leased a Tesla instead, specifically because of this missing feature. Now it has cost me having a "buddy" with the same car to compare notes with!

I wonder how many other "sales" will be lost because of this omission? The article, and my friend's Chevy salesman, think it will be rectified in time (retroactively?). How long? The salesman, of course, says a short period of time, but won't commit to it in writing; hence the lost sale!

My salesman chided another salesman boldly for not letting him discuss the problem with "the customer" when he did not realize I was sitting in the room!

I rank this worse than their non-disclosure of the $395 "disposition fee" at the conclusion of the lease period that was certainly, as they well knew, not in my September, 2013 Chevy Volt lease!

I give up. You seem hell bent in blaming GM for your lack of homework. The car has navigation built in. PERIOD. You don't like the Onstar NAV and would prefer the standard outdated-from-the-beginning map style Nav. The Bolt does not have this, and is apparent to anyone who bothered to check.

Carpe diem, my friend.

dandrewk said:
I give up...
Please! This is not your first attack on me...

No one asked you your opinion; certainly not me!

You did not read the article and clearly did not even read the title of the article.

So your "beef" is not with me, but with the authors of that article and the others that are similarly written...

And I will bet dollars to doughnuts, you did not buy a top end "Premium" Bolt EV MSRP at $43,905, so you are comparing apples to oranges!

Wow, grow some skin. You call that an "attack"? Or is it another straw man argument?

BTW, don't buy a Winchells Donut franchise, because you would lose both dollars and donuts. I have a red premier Bolt with both optional packages.

Whatever the case, you seem have flame wars in every thread you are involved in. I don't ever do this in forums, but I will look to see if I can get you on an "ignore" list.

Back