Purchase / Lease details

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The white carpool decals were the first (before 2000, IIRC). They have been extended at least once. I wouldn't be surprised if they are extended again (white stickers are for 'no pollution' vehicles).

Personally, i think that the green stickers should expire in 2019, and be replaced by a new color with higher requirements : plug in hybrids with at least 60 (or 70) miles of range in pure electric drive mode on the freeway. At the moment (I think) only the i3 (with REx) would qualify (the 2nd gen Volts might). The goal here is to get people to upgrade their existing plug-in hybrids if they wish to have access to the HOV lane as solo drivers. And to free up room in the HOV lane.

{Clarification: By "I think they should" I mean that is the action I would prefer, and not necessarily that is what I think will happen.}

I basically agree with you (see my post right above). However, white stickers aren't exactly "no pollution" vehicles (even EVs). I think of them more as "inconvenient" vehicles, since they include electric, hydrogen, and natural gas.

As I said, too many of the green stickers were wasted on cars with weak electric systems, the Plug in Prius being the worst offender. I have never actually seen one of these plugged in, except at preferred "EV" parking spots. Yet the speed down the carpool lane all the time.

Green sticker limit was removed recently. Unlimited number of green stickers can now be issued. Both the white and green stickers expire on January 1, 2019. I think the white sticker program is more likely to be extended than the green sticker program if history is any guide.

While I will probably get the Sticker since I live in CA, I do NOT find them all that useful.

Usually the car pool lanes clog within minutes of the main freeway.

To me a nice perk is 50% off on bridge tolls. (and maybe toll roads?)

gpsman said:
While I will probably get the Sticker since I live in CA, I do NOT find them all that useful.

Usually the car pool lanes clog within minutes of the main freeway.
I ride a motorcycle (free HOV lane access) and can confirm this is true on most roads. The HOV lane is usually not faster and sometimes is signfificantly slower. This is because a lot of cars will use the lane simply because they're allowed to, even if they're going slower than traffic on the main road.

But it helps when getting on the highway because the entrance ramp usually has an HOV lane that is basically empty.

devbolt said:
c1987 said:
Purchased my Premier fully loaded Bolt today. Invoice plus $700.

Congrats. What was price of the car before tax, title, license? And what was the price out the door? Any extra addons you had tacked on?

$43,138 Base
$47,073 w/ tax, license, title and doc fee

There was some dealer advertising fee tacked on, but that is included in the base (half of the $700 profit). No other Add-ons. No complaints here.

c1987 said:
devbolt said:
c1987 said:

Congrats. What was price of the car before tax, title, license? And what was the price out the door? Any extra addons you had tacked on?

$43,138 Base

There was some dealer advertising fee tacked on, but that is included in the base (half of the $700 profit). No other Add-ons. No complaints here.
What options did you get? Did you get a premium paint ($395 extra)? How much was the dealer advertising fee?

devbolt said:
c1987 said:
devbolt said:

$43,138 Base

What options did you get? Did you get a premium paint ($395 extra)? How much was the dealer advertising fee?

Yes, premium paint. The advertising fee was $340 as I recall. I have all options except wheel locks and sill plates.

c1987 said:

Can you please tell us city and name of dealer and salesperson? Discounts on these seem to be all but unattainable at most dealers so far.

HotPotato said:
c1987 said:

Can you please tell us city and name of dealer and salesperson? Discounts on these seem to be all but unattainable at most dealers so far.

See this thread at one of the other Bolt forums.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?270537-L.A.-dealer-apparently-selling-the-Bolt-EVs-at-1000-off-MSRP

Anyone leased a Bolt yet? If so, please share details. My Bolt is still in the black hole of the Milpitias rail yard. According to my dozy sales guy it could be two weeks before it gets to their lot, an hours drive away.

marshallinwa said:
HotPotato said:

See this thread at one of the other Bolt forums.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?270537-L.A.-dealer-apparently-selling-the-Bolt-EVs-at-1000-off-MSRP

This was too good to be hidden in a long thread so I created a new thread specifically about Rydell's offer. Thanks for sharing Marshall!

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5609

Back