The seats are a deal killer.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stevep said:
TO MS. AMBER G / CHEVY
Please read this, I'll try to keep it short.

I am NOT a Bolt owner. I would have been, except for the terrible uncomfortableness of the front seat.

I am actively shopping for cars now, and will probably need to get one by the end of the summer, as my 12yr-old Honda Civic Hybrid has seen better days.

I live in the Los Angeles area, and was looking forward to the Bolt -- but NOT after sitting in the seat. I sat in three -- one at the OC Auto show, and two at two different Chevy dealers. Everything else about the car was fine (lots of nice legroom too) -- and I'm usually the only passenger. But the front seat was TERRIBLE. I found this thread via google, and it appears you, as a Chevy employee, read and respond here.

I'm taking the time to post this here because the only -- THE ONLY -- reason I am NOT going to be buying a Bolt is the front seat. Period. And you need to know that.

Ummm....Steve...based on 30 pages in this thread (alone) discussing the topic, and that she's already responded to complaints about it, I think she get's it.

Ummm....Steve...based on 30 pages in this thread (alone) discussing the topic, and that she's already responded to complaints about it, I think she get's it.

I do not think it is a good idea to give a large corporation the benefit of the doubt that they truly understand the issue that some/many people seem to be having.

Now maybe Amber "get's it", but it is her job to collect consumer/public feedback and disseminate it so it flows up the chain.

If anything is going to get done consensus must be built, and stories must still be told. Until Chevy announces a fix, as far as I am concerned, they do not get it.

People should not stay/be silent before a fix established. In addition, I imagine this thread will only become larger as the Bolt rollout widens.

CopperRoad said:
If anything is going to get done consensus must be built, and stories must still be told. Until Chevy announces a fix, as far as I am concerned, they do not get it.

People should not stay/be silent before a fix established. In addition, I imagine this thread will only become larger as the Bolt rollout widens.

Funny how forums go to the extreme...I never said (or advocate) that people should be silent about issues like these. The point I made is that the point has already been made - 100's of times over - The seats are uncomfortable for some people. What does "steve" expect Amber to do about it that she hasn't already been doing?

I wonder how many first-time posts like the one above are really genuine, or if they are simply a hater's attempts at stirring the pot. He's a little late to the party because make no mistake, the pot has already been stirred. It's now becoming a circus.

In the meantime, here's a 15-minute (and reversible) fix that another member posted:

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6157

Have to respect members that post useful information to the benefit of others. "steve's" first post helps no one. That horse is already dead, we can stop beating it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back