2017 Chevy Bolt EV - a dorky car?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carFlyer213

Tom Mulchler, the reviewer from Consumer Reports says the new 2017 Bolt looks like a dorky looking little box. What do you think made him make a comment like that? Do you agree with this comparison? It does look quite alright to me. :D

I agree. It's a dorky little box. But it is highly functional, and that's ok.

Of course, to me, most SUVs look ridiculous, and don't get me started on minivans. Yet those cars sell just fine. A car doesn't have to have knock-your-socks-off styling to sell well. Case in point: Toyota Camry. Or the Honda Fit, which is another "dorky little box". But the Fit is incredibly versatile, and the Bolt will be similarly so (except the "magic seats", of course).

I am a little concerned that he said the Bolt is "more fun to drive than a Nissan Leaf". I have driven a Leaf for 4.5 years, and can tell you that is setting the bar pretty low. I'll reserve final judgement until I get behind the wheel of one.

It isn't quite as boxy as the Soul EV, but yes, it is on the chunky side.

To me, the means I can go to Home Depot without fear. It means my bicycle and assorted sports equipment can ride with me. It means the dog rides in the back, not the back seat. I'm not the type to buy a car just because it looks good (though the Bolt is certainly not ugly.) I want a vehicle that serves my lifestyle. This is why I got a RAV4 EV and it is why I'm planning to get the Bolt.

Back